Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Oct 28, 2006, 1:15 AM   #11

You have a style to reckoned with. So,without even seeing your name one would exclaim''Anotherset by Greg'' Again, visiting the 'cyber gallery' you provided about half an hourenhanced by a goblet of red wine and baroque music, I appreciated your effort here bringing anoverall impression of an edifice of inconceivable dimension, although I sometimes did not very muchenjoy the way you cut things like the amblem on the left of the door detail (second shot)! Anyway, it seems getting rid of the crowdsbecame a greatdeal of the challenge you confronted while determining the angle to shoot which I understand by experience:!: Yet you've succeeded, mate
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 2:10 AM   #12

Yes, I do sometimes don't see the forest for the trees. I was so intent on getting the image of the gate detail along with some of the lower gold spikes that I didn't pay any attention to the emblem.

Every so oftem I gave in and tried capturing an entire room (have I mentioned I love my 7-14 Zuiko!). Where do you start one image and cut one off in a room like this??
Attached Images

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 5:34 AM   #13

Quote:
...Where do you start one image and cut one off in a room like this??
I wouldappreciate (and agree with)the intent of this rhetorical question...That's the pointwhereI associate the job of the photographerwith the mountaineer (who perform two of my favourite activities!) You draw an invisible path on the bare face of the cliff with your eye before you start the real experience and seeto what extent it works, as youdraw invisible lines dividing the scene intogeometrical parts* to include the subjects in whole that matters you the most and fitting the borders oftheparts* symmetrically to that of the frame Ah, you see, like arranging a bunch of flowers, no exact point where start and where to stop!...andregrettablyall advicecan beuseless:lol:

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 7:24 AM   #14

Awsome photos made even better by a superb presentation.
karenlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:37 AM   #15

The photographs certainly portray the splendor. I appreciate you taking the time to post some information about each of the shots, too, both historical and technical.

You've sent me on a search for 7-14 Zuiko, and why do I feel like having some cake?
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 5:21 PM   #16

hi greg,

i know its been awhile since you posted these,

as usuall you have sharedyour amazing artwork!

you have incredible talent!
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:31 AM   #17

Wonderful job of capturing the opulence of Versailles. Of course, when you think of the excesses of Versailles compared to the poverty of the people of the time, it's no wonder there came the Revolution.

Greg
gregm1948 is offline   Reply With Quote