Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Nov 12, 2006, 1:43 AM   #1

I want to see this spectacular place but don't know where to find it, does anyone recognise it? I don't think it's the Grand Canyon even though it has coloured bands in the stone. In a closer photo I have the road seems to be paved with concrete and there are no road markings or signs.
Attached Images

Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2006, 3:36 PM   #2

Where did you find the picture? What website?
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 6:51 PM   #3

I've tried tracing the source with no success. The guy who sent it to me got it from his dad a long time ago & doesn't know where it came from before that. There are several pics. I will attatch another one which shows a leaf close enough that someone into their plants might get a clue. Thanks to everyone who's had a look & tried to help :-)
Attached Images

Old Nov 13, 2006, 1:36 PM   #4

Well, that doesn't really help much, but I was still able to find where it is! I think I should have been a private investigator... Anyway the road in your picture is in Rodovia Da Morte, Stremnaya - Bolivia many more pictures in the following thread, I believe it is in Portugese, but there are some pretty cool pictures in the thread including the 2 that you posted here! What did I win??:blah:

http://ueba.com.br/forum/index.php?showtopic=23586
Old Nov 14, 2006, 1:04 AM   #5

How about a big sloppy kiss? X (can't find an appropriate emoticon, is that a bit girly for a photography website?:G )

How did you find it? Had you seen it before?

Jillian
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:40 AM   #6

Jillian wrote:
Quote:
How about a big sloppy kiss? X (can't find an appropriate emoticon, is that a bit girly for a photography website?:G )

How did you find it? Had you seen it before?

Jillian
:love: Awww no not too girly I guess, glad I could help. No I had never seen it before just found it by poking around on the internet with google. The translation of Rodovia Da Morte from Portugese to English means Highway Of The Death. Forgot to mention that in my previous post. Might want to keep a foot on the brake while driving on that one!
Old Nov 25, 2006, 9:08 AM   #7

Well I can't say for sure, but it looks like the place where I took my honeymoon. Toroko Gorge, near Hualien, Taiwan. It's been over 34 years, but attached is a similar photo I found on the web. If it's not the same place, It is similar, and spectacular.
Attached Images

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 1:31 PM   #8

I was forwarded this in an email recently and was also told it was in South America, so I'm glad you got a more exact answer! Its really cool! Did you get the rest of the photos in the series, or just that one?
MichelleBuerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 9:20 PM   #9

Yes I got the rest thanks. Seems to have come up on quite a few discussion sites now. Big controversy over where it is. Some say China. Would love to see someone's own holiday snap taken from the same viewpoint to prove it! Might just have to go travelling the world to do a personal survey & find out for sure ;-) (when I win lotto that is....)
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:32 PM   #10

i thought it was somewhere like burma?
Taraelf is offline   Reply With Quote