Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:26 PM   #1

This beautiful Garden, on the left-side of the Seine, has beautiful walking pathes, statues and areas of roses thatwas just beautiful during the time we were there in late May of last year. The skies were somewhat overcast with passing rain, making for great conditions to photograph the beautiful colors. Our visit was during the week instead of the weekend, so there were not too many others there besides us, making it a very quiet walk...

even a copy of the Statue of Liberty...

Palais du Luxembourg was commissioned in 1615 by Marie de Médici, used as a prison during the French Revolution and todayhouses the French senate...

This statue, in the Gardens around the palace, was obviously built as a pigeon rest stop. Dome in the background is that of the Pantheon..

Last image, that of the Médici Fountain...

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2007, 1:08 PM   #2

Excellent shots as always Greg!
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:27 PM   #3

Very neat images images with charming colours, indeed. My favourites are #4,#6,#7 and #11; but especially #7 having almost a paintingquality and #11for its tasteful composition andsuperb exposure!!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:55 PM   #4

Thank you Bahadir,

The statues in that park are just magnificient, and the weather the day we were theremade for great picture taking. Little to no sunshine so no deep, dark shadows. There are a couple of images I didn't post here that, when zoomed to 100% on my screen I could even see the rain drops falling.

As an aside, I have started re-processing several of my RAW files in the Camera RAW converter with Photoshop CS2. I'm finding it holds shadow details and produces much truer colors easierthan I've been able to poduce running the same RAW files through Capture One LE. Camera RAW has SO many features and is quite a mind-bending program to lean with all the various options. This past weekend I spent, literally, 3 full days working images and learning the nuances of Camera RAW and the Smart Sharpen filter in Photoshop to finish the processed JPEG once converted. After those 3 days I am sold on the process.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 4:39 PM   #5

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
As an aside, I have started re-processing several of my RAW files in the Camera RAW converter with Photoshop CS2. I'm finding it holds shadow details and produces much truer colors easierthan I've been able to poduce running the same RAW files through Capture One LE. Camera RAW has SO many features and is quite a mind-bending program to lean with all the various options. This past weekend I spent, literally, 3 full days working images and learning the nuances of Camera RAW and the Smart Sharpen filter in Photoshop to finish the processed JPEG once converted. After those 3 days I am sold on the process.
I knew there was something Thanks for the tip!! You've stiffened my resolveto upgrade from regular CS to CS2 .Btw, you ony shoot RAW, don't you?
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:34 PM   #6

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
I knew there was something Thanks for the tip!! You've stiffened my resolveto upgrade from regular CS to CS2 .Btw, you ony shoot RAW, don't you?
Yes, 100% RAW. It's been fun going back and looking at the differences between Capture One and Camera RAW and this Fall I'll have another 2,000 or so images at least to try....probably more actually. We've made arrangement to be back in Paris from Sept 11-25.

The Smart Sharpen feature was almostworth the upgrade itself to CS2. You have three options of sharpening- gausian, lens or motion blur, and the option of both setting your sharpening amounts and toning down or completely excluding those amounts from either the shadows, highlights or both to keep noise down in those areas. And it works, great. I hear they're about to release the next version of Photoshop this spring.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 7:13 AM   #7

Great shots. The statues are magnificient..
karenlandry is offline   Reply With Quote