Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old May 12, 2007, 4:52 AM   #1

Two hours in Louvre is too little time.. My impressions about the art and light there were the following:[line][line][line]
[line][line][line][line][line][line][line][line][line][line]I missed to see the paintings.. just a few.. Those halls were overcrowded.. I loved the ancient statues.. the light in the whole building.. and all the Egypt exposition.. Taking pics as well.. but handheld in moving in hurry.. Those, who have been there, will understand me.. Too much see, and always too little time..
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2007, 9:03 AM   #2

These are beautiful series of pictures very nice congrats, oh and in the 7th picture there is a beautiful lady's reflection i see
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2007, 4:33 AM   #3

You have found me!

Thanks for having a look!
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2007, 6:08 PM   #4

Great shots DG,

Just curious though, does the Louvre allow anyone to take pictures inside or do you have to have permission or buy a permit???

Thanks

Mugmar
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2007, 2:07 AM   #5

Beautiful series of pictures.....................musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 8:48 AM   #6

Some very nice captures there, I particularly like no.6.

It's five years since I've been to Paris, but I do recall a lot of people taking pictures of the Mona Lisa with flash. As the painting is behind three (I think?) layers of glass, I don't suppose the results were very good. I'm fairly sure they didn't have permits.
mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 10:10 PM   #7

DigitalGal wrote:
Quote:
Two hours in Louvre is too little time..
I had also 2 hours in the Lourve and it was just too too crowded. I posted earlier in Pentax and Architecture forum and these are to complement whatever marvellous pictures you got above.

Louvre entrance

As you can see, I should have done the shot vertical (portrait rather than landscape) and included the bottom as well. No chance even after waiting for 5 minutes for all people to clear that busy entrance.

¬*

¬*

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:08 AM   #8

Mugmar wrote:
Quote:
Great shots DG,

Just curious though, does the Louvre allow anyone to take pictures inside or do you have to have permission or buy a permit???

Thanks

Mugmar
Unlike the villageidiots who run most ofthe museumshere in the US, Paris is very open. Museums, churches, monuments...the only twoplaces we went last Maythat absolutely would not let anyone take pictures inside was at Sacre Couer and theMarmottan Museum. No flash is the main rule everywhere and I wouldn't try and bring a tripod, but anywhere from Notre Dame to the Louvre to Invalides to Versaillesto any other place you can think of, photography is permitted...

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/gallery/1547796#101325909
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 4:33 PM   #9

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
Mugmar wrote:
Quote:
Great shots DG,

Thanks

Mugmar
Unlike the village¬*idiots who run most of¬*the museums¬*here in the US, Paris is very open. Museums, churches, monuments...the only two¬*places we went last May¬*that absolutely would not let anyone take pictures inside was at Sacre Couer and the¬*Marmottan Museum. No flash is the main rule everywhere and I wouldn't try and bring a tripod, but anywhere from Notre Dame to the Louvre to Invalides to Versailles¬*to any other place you can think of, photography is permitted...

I would not say photography is permitted at all. Louvre & Notre Dame do have notice prohibiting photography. That is on paper. But if you have a phone camera, P&S or smallish dslr, you are just ok. You are not allowed to bring in a LF 6 lb camera definitely.

Photography is allowed 100% in Sculpture area though

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2007, 9:23 AM   #10

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
Mugmar wrote:
Quote:
Great shots DG,

Thanks

Mugmar
Unlike the villageidiots who run most ofthe museumshere in the US, Paris is very open. Museums, churches, monuments...the only twoplaces we went last Maythat absolutely would not let anyone take pictures inside was at Sacre Couer and theMarmottan Museum. No flash is the main rule everywhere and I wouldn't try and bring a tripod, but anywhere from Notre Dame to the Louvre to Invalides to Versaillesto any other place you can think of, photography is permitted...

I would not say photography is permitted at all. Louvre & Notre Dame do have notice prohibiting photography. That is on paper. But if you have a phone camera, P&S or smallish dslr, you are just ok. You are not allowed to bring in a LF 6 lb camera definitely.

Photography is allowed 100% in Sculpture area though

Daniel
@ DigitalGal: Hey, you did not shoot them with your celular phone, did you:-)

Ok! Joke aside, you did a good job posting your Louvres impressions concerning art and light Just Looking forward to seeing your further impressions!

#6 is striking indeed!

...andwow! In #10, I can see Nike of Samothrace, a great representative and one of myfavourites from Hellenisticsculpture!!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote