Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:16 PM   #1

I encountered Greg at a stop near Norman, Oklahoma. Intrigued by the sign "ALASKA" on the back of his bike trailer, I stopped to talk to him. He had been in Florida, running a shrimp boat, and after the season, there was some problem with his pay, so he bought a bike, and began to pedal his way from Key West, Florida, to North Pole, Alaska (near Fairbanks).

He said it had been quite a trip, and his biggest suprise was how nice the Oklahoma state troopers had been; they frequently stopped to ask if he was all right, had enough water, etc.

After I talked with him a bit, he admitted he was about out of cash, and needed to get to Nebraska, where a relative lived. Fortunately, a lady who ran a nearby tourist court overheard and gave him a place to stay for the night, and although he resisted, I gave him a little money.

Hope he gets on all right.

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2007, 8:09 AM   #2

That's great luck tosee Greg somewhere! I'mthink I'd be more likelytocome across some fellows from Steve'sif I were in the States.Oh, I justenvy hisfree spirit Hope,to hear from him soon!

Btw, that's how so thoughtful of you Barbarian to insist a fellowsome help though he rejects!In fact, something I'd expect of you! You might also know if he'd need some further support from friends...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 6:19 PM   #3

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Good to see he´s well equipped. These leather boots seem well suited for any activity

/T
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 9:33 PM   #4

From my experience with Alaskans, they tend to be a rather tough, self-reliant bunch. Greg pretty well fits the pattern.

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote