Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Aug 17, 2007, 10:11 AM   #1

Unprofessional Reputed Iranian Nature Tour Company

The EcoTour company (Eco Expert Ltd) in Tehran, Iran is an eco tourism nature company. They were established 1998 to promote Iran's eco tourism attractions and to improve bio-cultural attitudes among people, both locally and internationally, and to pave the way for interested tourists. They claim to have received approval fromthe three top Iranian Tourism Training Centres, the Iranian Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organisation and hold classes and training courses about nature and its value.

Mr Ali Adhami, the board of directors in their website says: "We guarantee well- equipped, selectively catered, safe and eco- friendly trips." [/i]

http://www.ecotour-iran.com/about_new.htm

[/i]

On 10 August 2007, I took my mother and her friend on EcoTour's one day trekking trip to Kondelus Village. Unfortunately the company hired a mini-bus driver who was not familiar with the road to Chaloos that has a series of dangerous winding sections and tunnels. As a result, the bus driver hit the wall of Tunnel No 6. As a result of the resulting huge impact, my mother fell over and was badly injured, she suffered shock of accident and injuries to her foot.

My mother needed financial assistance for medical treatment, but Ecotours told us they would pay nothing towards the cost as all the expenses would be paid for by the driver's Third Party Insurance. This contradicts what Ecotours have told passengers that whoever travels with them is insured for 1,000,000 tomans for hospital, doctors' expenses. I feel that they contradict themselves because they try to escape from their responsibility toward my mother and myself and other passengers.

http://www.ephotozine.com/u30254/gallery/677970

http://www.ephotozine.com/u30254/gallery/679387

kombizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2007, 11:06 AM   #2

Sorry that you had to go through that and hope your mother will make a fast recovery, but don't believe you'll get money out of that
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:19 PM   #3

@ Hercules

Thank you for your comment.

I am not interested in getting money from them at all. My main concern is that Ecotour recognizes about their problem with it's own bus driver and pay money for further medical treatment for my poor mother. Also accept the RESPONSIBILITY of this matter rather hide itself under so many excuses. I would like to see Ecotour to bestrong enough to deal with this matter in a professional way. That's all.

My mother's main problem with Ecotour is about the insurance money. Ecotour told my mother that they can NOT pay a cent for her further medical treatment. They told my mother to get money for her medical treatment from the driver's (Abbkheez) Third Party Insurance! We told Ecotour we did not know him and we never had contract with their driver, instead we paid Ecotour for our places in that one day trekking trip to Kondelus Village.

I guess Ecotour tries to be a smart arse and would like not to use it's insurance for some UNKNOWN reasons!!!!
By they way all of those talking about insurance money happened with their representative, Ms. Azadeh Jouhari on the first day.

Since 10/08/07, NOBODY from EcoTour contacted my mother by any means and asked her how she was! i.e.- alive or dead !

Apparently one of the EcoTour's director cares more about Iranian Cheetah rather than take care of my old injured & traumatized mother!!

Old Aug 19, 2007, 1:30 AM   #4

kombizz wrote:
Quote:
@ Hercules

Thank you for your comment.

I am not interested in getting money from them at all. My main concern is that Ecotour recognizes about their problem with it's own bus driver and pay money for further medical treatment for my poor mother. Also accept the RESPONSIBILITY of this matter rather hide itself under so many excuses. I would like to see Ecotour to bestrong enough to deal with this matter in a professional way. That's all.

My mother's main problem with Ecotour is about the insurance money. Ecotour told my mother that they can NOT pay a cent for her further medical treatment. They told my mother to get money for her medical treatment from the driver's (Abbkheez) Third Party Insurance! We told Ecotour we did not know him and we never had contract with their driver, instead we paid Ecotour for our places in that one day trekking trip to Kondelus Village.

I guess Ecotour tries to be a smart arse and would like not to use it's insurance for some UNKNOWN reasons!!!!
By they way all of those talking about insurance money happened with their representative, Ms. Azadeh Jouhari on the first day.

Since 10/08/07, NOBODY from EcoTour contacted my mother by any means and asked her how she was! i.e.- alive or dead !

Apparently one of the EcoTour's director cares more about Iranian Cheetah rather than take care of my old injured & traumatized mother!!

I knowwhat you mean at least try to fight getting the medical bills paid for your mom, don't just leave them doing what they want, if it happened in america everything would be paid for
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:38 PM   #5

@ Hercules

Unfortunately it is Iran ! Few companies like Ecotour escape from justice in adifferent easy ways, but then when they deal with foreign tourists, they act like a muture and responsible companies because they know that their international reputation would be in danger, as their main income would come from foreign tourists paying them hard currencis such as $,£, €. In another world this Iranian componies they do NOT give a damn to their own people and still continuing their business like nothing has happened. There is an expression which says: "az mast ke bar mast", means we should blame ourselves rather blaming others (mean other western countries). Unfortunately many people /companies blame other for their failure!!!

Some times, [shadow=black]I wonder what Ecotour's response would be if my mother had been a foreign tourist travelling with them? Do you think it would be different?[/shadow]

Although perhaps you are not able to read the list of their program for the next month (Month of Teer)in Farsi, but I add the following link because I try to show that THEY DO NOT BOTHER what has happened to my poor injured mother, or others, they continue their daily activities!! The first link is about the list of their trips inside Iran and the second link is about the list of trips outside of the country.([if you click those [glow=red]red words[/glow]on the left, you can see more details & images)

http://www.ecotour-iran.com/farsinewpage1.htm

http://www.ecotour-iran.com/farsi/tourin.htm