Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:54 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

@ Calicajun: Thanks for commenting and good humour which cheered me up early in the morning (for my time zone!):-)


bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 8:25 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

Great shots my friend, very nice castle. Are you out comparing shots to your Pentax? and the shot with your kids is wonderful, i do agree with the sun though, but all are nice shots
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 3:57 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Great shots my friend, very nice castle. Are you out comparing shots to your Pentax? and the shot with your kids is wonderful, i do agree with the sun though, but all are nice shots
Kalimera arkadaş! I am happy to read yourkind feedback.You might even see it from the island of Kos : )

Btw,I'd never compare or try an old friend ( S70), which will remain as a 'strategic partner' forever:-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:29 AM   #14
Moderator
 
selvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,204
Default

bahadir,

You motivated me to do some reading on the Knights of Rhodes and I was completely fascinated. I had not known of the inter-connection with the Knights Templar and re-read with interestthe facts and myths surrounding these powerful religious and military orders.

Equally trivial but of interest to me since I love food, was the proximity of Rhodes to the island of Cos (Kos) home of what we call Romaine lettuce. Prior to this Cos was just another word use extensively in crossword puzzles.

Your pictures are quite interesting especially the the castle behind the boats. It appears to have been a most formidable fortress.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 1:47 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

selvin, thank you for your kind interest andsharing your inspirations!

Bodrum or Halicarnassusin which oneof the wonders of the ancient world stood,witnessedsome unforgettablehistorial characters and events whose presence you can still feel withjust a casualbreeze from the sea!!

Speaking of the proximity of Rhodes,I oftenportray the 'supposed' talk between Memnon of Rhodes and Alexander the Great before the fierce siege of Halicarnassus in my mind as Ihave a drinkabout this formidable fortress, though itis not actually this fortress whichhad beenbesieged, and itis not the time of the year... ; )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 3:01 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
hercules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sparta, Greece
Posts: 2,649
Default

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Great shots my friend, very nice castle. Are you out comparing shots to your Pentax? and the shot with your kids is wonderful, i do agree with the sun though, but all are nice shots
Kalimera arkadaş! I am happy to read yourkind feedback.You might even see it from the island of Kos : )

Btw,I'd never compare or try an old friend ( S70), which will remain as a 'strategic partner' forever:-)
Your welcome arkadias, you know i was stationed in the army for 4 months in Kos and Turkey was just across the other side
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2007, 6:26 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

hercules wrote:
Quote:
bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:
Great shots my friend, very nice castle. Are you out comparing shots to your Pentax? and the shot with your kids is wonderful, i do agree with the sun though, but all are nice shots
Kalimera arkadaş! I am happy to read yourkind feedback.You might even see it from the island of Kos : )

Btw,I'd never compare or try an old friend ( S70), which will remain as a 'strategic partner' forever:-)
Your welcome arkadias, you know i was stationed in the army for 4 months in Kos and Turkey was just across the other side
Oh, I remember well, my friend : )Lol!I was stationed inlands though being a sea people!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.