Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old May 11, 2008, 11:57 AM   #1

Here are a few shots from Ocean City, NJ.... Canon 40D - Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM

hauntfreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2008, 2:28 AM   #2

Nice shots, on the last one does that lean to the right or did you mean to shoot the picture like that? but all are great
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:22 AM   #3

Herc,.... thanks for the kind words... that last shot was taken from a bench and the lens was proped up with my cell phone, so that why its crooked.... lol
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:30 AM   #4

hauntfreaks.com wrote:
Quote:
Herc,.... thanks for the kind words... that last shot was taken from a bench and the lens was proped up with my cell phone, so that why its crooked.... lol
No big deal they all look good, but if you wanted you could use the straightening tool in PS
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 11:43 AM   #5

Beautiful shots, very clear.......................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 5:28 PM   #6

I know those places well. I grew up vacationing there. I like the night time shots.

Here are some I took a few years ago and early in spring (Canon S60 and Olympus 510)

http://picasaweb.google.com/TBAYRUNS/NJShore

Here are some I took this summer (Olympus 510).

http://picasaweb.google.com/TBAYRUNS/NJShore2008

We go there every year now and I wake up before sunrise to take a series.

TBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:06 PM   #7

Tbay,
love the photos... those sunrise shots are beautiful... really nice stuff...

I also grew up vacaing down there... my grandmother lived in Somerspoint, NJ my whole childhood so we would stay down there a few weeks every year... I'm 43 now and I ask everyone that vacaed there this... in 1976-77 wonderland pier had a skatepark right behind it called "Wonder Wave"... do you remember it?.... if so do you or anyone you know have any photos of it??... I have been trying to find photos of it for many years with no luck.... anyway... great seeing you photos and thank you for sharing them... let me know about the skatepark...

Brian
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:23 PM   #8

I grew up in North Jersey and every spring our church youth group would spend Memorial day weekend in Ocean City. Always had a great time, but back then Ocean City didn't have a boardwalk like that! Thanks for the pix and a reminder of a great time of my life.

Glenn

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:07 AM   #9

hauntfreaks.com wrote:
Quote:
Tbay,
love the photos... those sunrise shots are beautiful... really nice stuff...

I also grew up vacaing down there... my grandmother lived in Somerspoint, NJ my whole childhood so we would stay down there a few weeks every year... I'm 43 now and I ask everyone that vacaed there this... in 1976-77 wonderland pier had a skatepark right behind it called "Wonder Wave"... do you remember it?.... if so do you or anyone you know have any photos of it??... I have been trying to find photos of it for many years with no luck.... anyway... great seeing you photos and thank you for sharing them... let me know about the skatepark...

Brian
I am 43 also and had used that park on a few occasions given that I went everywhere with my board. Unfortunately I do not have any photos of the skate park.

I occasionally think back to that park and contemplate how that type of thing would be impossible to construct now with liability law the way it is today. It's a shame really. A lot of the things that we would take for granted when we were kids have now either been legislated away or made impossible because of liability concerns. Good luck on your search. If you happen to dig some photos up please post back under this topic so I can get a notification. If I come across any I'll do the same.
TBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:44 AM   #10

hey that is great that you to remember wonder wave... its was my first park and never forgot it... I'm still involved in skating today... I had part in having a couple parks built, the newest being a public park in my home town Maple Shade, NJ ... things for the most are better now we can have public park built and is under the insurance of the town... stats say that more kids get hurt in team sports then skateboarding so its working in our favor now.... MapleShadeSkatepark.com

you might remember Cherry Hill skatepark as well?? (1978-1981) I have a tribute site for the park CherryHillSkatepark.com .... check those links out when ya have a sec

Brian