Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:02 PM   #1

Took these on our drive from Jaipur to Agra. The drive was over 5 hours so I was clicking away :? I slapped on my polarizer and seat belt, guy was driving around 80-90 mph :O The polarizer almost cut all of the glare from the side window Hope you enjoy my photos!

Thanks for looking!
Chris

The photographer :?

cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:32 AM   #2

cmoy wrote:
Quote:
Or photographers...Isn'tthat yourwife holding a camera at the backseat? (not a make up box or a portable DVDI suppose:-)) Great feat for a 'front -seat -photographer' :G

Joke aside,they are very well saturated pictures and each conveying sth,stopping the observer to ponder on for some timeYou've once again proved thata polariser is a must have inthe camera bag!!(Though I seldom use mine, I'm glad to know, when it is needed, it is there, since there's no otherway!!)Oh, you did not take themall from the car, did you ??
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 6:47 AM   #3

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
cmoy wrote:
Quote:
Or photographers...Isn't┬*that your┬*wife holding a camera at the backseat? (not a make up box or a portable DVD┬*I suppose:-)) Great feat for a 'front -seat -photographer' :G

Joke aside,┬*they are very well saturated pictures and each conveying sth,┬*stopping the observer to ponder on for some time┬*You've once again proved that┬*a polariser is a must have in┬*the camera bag!!(Though I seldom use mine, I'm glad to know, when it is needed, it is there, since there's no other┬*way!!)┬*┬*┬*Oh, you did not take them┬*all from the car, did you ??┬*
Thanks Bahadir! :-) I gave the polarizer a try and it worked out! I probably could of gotten sharper shots, faster shutter, without the polarizer but the glare was bad. Thanks to PS I was able to sharpen them up a bit That's actually me wife's best friend in the back seat :-) She was fixing her makeup :? You're right the 8th photo was taken at a gift shop :-) The girls need the ladies room and I had nothing to do :G

BTW What size are the photos on your monitor? I post them at 900x600 but they're showing a lot smaller on my Mac. At work, PC, they show as original size. Don't know why this is? Thanks again Bahadir!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:17 AM   #4

cmoy wrote:
Quote:
....That's actually me wife's best friend in the back seat :-) She was fixing her makeup :? You're right the 8th photo was taken at a gift shop :-) The girls need the ladies room and I had nothing to do :G

BTW What size are the photos on your monitor? I post them at 900x600 but they're showing a lot smaller on my Mac. At work, PC, they show as original size. Don't know why this is? Thanks again Bahadir!
Oh, I see! I will enquire no more, my friend :-)About the passing time when the girls are in the ladies room, one should feel, at least,lucky if he does not have to hold their bags but have the liberty to shoot around while they are in :G

Anyway,the beautifulimages above are 640X427 on my monitor, whichlooks quite allright Yet, sometimes 'bigger better' toan extend you know! Well, I haven't had any experience with phototime, yet flickrhas worked quite good for me so far!

Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:27 AM   #5

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
cmoy wrote:
Quote:
....That's actually me wife's best friend in the back seat :-) She was fixing her makeup :? You're right the 8th photo was taken at a gift shop :-) The girls need the ladies room and I had nothing to do :G

Oh, I see! I will enquire no more, my friend :-)About the passing time when the girls are in the ladies room, one should feel, at least,lucky if he does not have to hold their bags while they are in :G

Anyway, the images are 640X427 on my monitor, whichlooks quite allright. Yet, sometimes 'bigger better' toan extend you know! Well, I haven't had any experience with phototime, yet flickrhas worked quite good for me so far!

:GMy wife was sitting next to her :G No funny business :G I was holding their bags :? When they werein the ladies room I dropped the bags and snapped that :|:G

I figured out what was wrong. I went over my bandwidth :O Fototime will resize to the original posting size once the month is over. Looking at the pics now they seem fine at 640 x 427. BTW I have a lot more "front seat photography" to post :?I've been too lazy to resize thephotos to post
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:07 AM   #6

cmoy wrote:
Quote:
:GMy wife was sitting next to her :G No funny business :G I was holding their bags :? When they werein the ladies room I dropped the bags and snapped that :|:G

I figured out what was wrong. I went over my bandwidth :O Fototime will resize to the original posting size once the month is over. Looking at the pics now they seem fine at 640 x 427. BTW I have a lot more "front seat photography" to post :?I've been too lazy to resize thephotos to post
Yea, I knew that!...or else what should you be doing at the front seat like a Sahib :G

Btw, I've justnoticed that every time I come back to your post I can't help but observe #3, #7, #12, #15 and the ones in between once again

Looking forward to seeing the rest ofyourfabulous travel's pictures!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:18 PM   #7

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
cmoy wrote:
Quote:

Yea, I knew that!...or else what should you be doing at the front seat like a Sahib :G

Btw, I've justnoticed that every time I come back to your post I can't help but observe #3, #7, #12, #15 and the ones in between once again

Looking forward to seeing the rest ofyourfabulous travel's pictures!
Good point! :?:?:?

Thanks again Bahadir!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:20 PM   #8

Great series, India is an interesting place with lots

of great photo opportunities although not the best

place for safe driving in traffic Driving in India

...........................musket.

musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:44 PM   #9

musket wrote:
Quote:
Great series, India is an interesting place with lots

of great photo opportunities although not the best

place for safe driving in traffic Driving in India

...........................musket.
Thanks Musket! Funny you post that video :G Our friend, the girl behind me in my second photo sent us the same video after she came back from India the first time. The video is SO true! :G:O:G The girls made me sit in the front for our entire time in India :shock: Night driving was very scary!