Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:12 PM   #1

docfrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2009, 3:28 AM   #2

Theseare reallycool captures with good use of fill flashdefining the magical colours of the flowers in the foreground!

Btw,that must bethe well known obelisk style Washington Monument in pictures #1 and #5,which Barrack Obama mentioned in his speechat the Grand National Assembly of Turkey yesterday, that there is also a plaque bearing the signiture and inscription from the Ottoman emperor on it daing to some 150 years ago...
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2009, 7:29 PM   #3

You're right about the Washington Monument, but I was unaware of a plaque from Turkey. I was in Istanbul last June and saw the obelisk near the Blue Mosque. Any connection?

BTW - I LOVED Turkey!
docfrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:36 PM   #4

very nice shots sir! good job!
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2009, 4:31 PM   #5

docfrance wrote:
Quote:
You're right about the Washington Monument, but I was unaware of a plaque from Turkey. I was in Istanbul last June and saw the obelisk near the Blue Mosque. Any connection?

BTW - I LOVED Turkey!
Actually Egyptian art, which has little to do with our contemporary understanding of 'art for humans', was meant for eternity, therefore, remained almostunchanged forabout three thousand years, and then survived another two thousand years till today! It was the Constantine the Great whomoved the capital city of the Roman Empire toIstanbul (actually he hadconsidered Troy first) to benamed afterhis and intended to move the obelisks from Egypt to the new capital as well ( As Augustus had brought to Rome!) It was the renowned Eastern Roman Emperor Justinianus,who actualized this enterprise. Then the Ottoman Empire took over the capital assuming the role of thethird 'Roman empire' withtheadminstrative codes ofthe Byzantine. The more onereads about Mehmetthe Conqueror the moreone is likely to feel amazed in this regard! Well...I'm not going to take kind of feminist approach and explain the matter as the manifestation of yet another imposition of the matriarchal cultureover the weaker males and thefairseks (sorryitwouldn't show if I typed it with 'X') with an underlyingphallic symbol, at least for the time being:G

Btw, if you pay a visit to Turkey once again, please let me know : )
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:15 AM   #6

Very NICE shots!
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 11:24 PM   #7

Beautiful! I really like how the branches of flowers frame the different monuments in several of the shots. And the colors in the last are absolutely stunning!
KristyT is offline   Reply With Quote