Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old May 11, 2010, 3:02 PM   #21

You are welcome,
Old May 12, 2010, 3:02 PM   #22

Cmoy,

Now my wife said I need to bring the canon for the 1.4 lens for shooting paris at night. I telling her I will go buy the panasonic 20mm 1.7 instead so we do not need to carry as much stuff. Your photos is adding a bit of complication to my love of simplicity lol. To bring the t1i and the 50mm 1.4 or not, more decisions
Old May 12, 2010, 3:08 PM   #23

Don't let her see these, a few night shots somewhere in this album...

http://www.christophergmoy.com/Place...2_GtJmK#P-1-16

I shot those night photos with my 1D MK II mounted on a mini tripod So, I would tell you to bring the t1i, 50mm and buy a cheap mini tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Cmoy,

Now my wife said I need to bring the canon for the 1.4 lens for shooting paris at night. I telling her I will go buy the panasonic 20mm 1.7 instead so we do not need to carry as much stuff. Your photos is adding a bit of complication to my love of simplicity lol. To bring the t1i and the 50mm 1.4 or not, more decisions
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 3:11 PM   #24

I got the mini tripod cover already, I have a gorillapod slr zoom, it works great for night shooting.

Evening and Night Shots of Fort Lauderdale
Old May 12, 2010, 3:13 PM   #25

There you go! You're all set!

Quote:
I got the mini tripod cover already, I have a gorillapod slr zoom, it works great for night shooting.

Evening and Night Shots of Fort Lauderdale
Old May 12, 2010, 3:15 PM   #26

I think my canon dslr kit will need to grow. Need something to directly replace my slr Eos1. Think the 5DMKIII will be my next camera body to go along with the t1i when it comes out. I shoot way to many night shots. And the FF sensor will be better suited for my shooting style.

Like you 1DMKII
Old May 12, 2010, 3:18 PM   #27

A friend of my got a 5D MK II not too long ago. He took some nice night shots hand held! I want FF too. I'm looking for a 1Ds MK II right now. I love the 1D bodies.

Thanks!

Quote:
I think my canon dslr kit will need to grow. Need something to directly replace my slr Eos1. Think the 5DMKIII will be my next camera body to go along with the t1i when it comes out. I shoot way to many night shots. And the FF sensor will be better suited for my shooting style.

Like you 1DMKII
Old May 12, 2010, 3:21 PM   #28

Hards was suggesting the 1DMKIV to me, but I just do not feel like paying that much for a body. 2500 is about the most I want to pay. But 10fps, would make my dancing photos easier to shoot.

I think I will wait to the 5DMKIII when it comes out, also carrying a Eos 1 with a winder for the last 15 years, and going to a t1i has spoiled me. I like lighter cameras now adays.
Old May 12, 2010, 3:25 PM   #29

My wife would kill me if I brought home a MK IV Or a 1Ds MK III My limit is 2000. A 5D MK II would be nice but the 1Ds MK II has been my grail body for the longest. Since prices have been dropping under 2000 I figure it's time to pick one up. And my wife siad I can

5D MK III will have crazy clean high IOS! Hmmmmmmm......

Quote:
Hards was suggesting the 1DMKIV to me, but I just do not feel like paying that much for a body. 2500 is about the most I want to pay. But 10fps, would make my dancing photos easier to shoot.

I think I will wait to the 5DMKIII when it comes out, also carrying a Eos 1 with a winder for the last 15 years, and going to a t1i has spoiled me. I like lighter cameras now adays.
Old May 12, 2010, 3:33 PM   #30

I know, I shoot in really dark situation and high iso it something I need at times. But that will be next year I think when it comes out. I got a travel camera system for this year already with the epl-1 and the 35mm macro and panny 45-200mm zoom. Now getting the 20mm 1.7 for it. No more camera or lenses buying this year.

Also aided my brother in getting him into dslr photography. So I have research so many camera items this year, and it is only may.