Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:11 AM   #1

Default Vacation Pics in Oshawa

These are some of the photos I took on our visit to my wife's cousin's house in Oshawa.

#1) Dining room. I used DPHDR.

#2) Going out. I used Photomatix. I downloaded Topaz Denoise trial and used it here. I think Photomatix creates gruesome effects on people -- pores, wrinkles, strands of gray hair, and stubbles of hair-growth on womens' legs show with great emphasis that people look 20 years older or just downright filthy. Topaz Denoise takes care of that.

#3) Start of neighborhood nature trail. I used DPHDR. I created a layer of my wife and her cousin then applied a little radial blur on the background layer to denote motion. The landscape is pretty bland anyway so I think nothing is lost in the blur.

#4) My wife and her cousin out for an early evening walk. I used Photomatix.

#5) Backyard shed my wife's cousin built. I used Photomatix.

#6) Sunflower daisies in the backyard. I used Photomatix.

Please feel free to comment and critique on the technique, composition, etc. I will have to say, however, that after just a few months of posting at steves-digicams.com, our vacation pics are never the same again. Thank you all!

Last edited by vvcarpio; Jul 15, 2010 at 9:19 AM.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:19 AM   #2

Right off the top, I have no interest in the extreme HDR shots presently circulating. However, pic #3 really interests me. The idea of translating an actual scene into what someone might think was a painted or cgi cartoon is something I very much want to do. Thanks for doing that and displaying it. I'll remember to take some pics with that in mind.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:36 AM   #3

Thanks, frank-in-toronto. I have to admit I thought the extreme HDR was pretty cool. But that may be because I didn't really want to show my wife's cousin pictures of his house -- I wanted to show him what computers can do to pictures of his house.

For #3, I was merely "documenting" things we did with my camera and during pp thought of the blur-effect when I stepped away from the computer to do something else. Funny how our minds are re-focused when we take a break. I'm glad you liked it.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote