Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:09 AM   #21

I've had my Fuji HS10 since late April and have over 14,000 images on it and a Olympus SW1050 with 15,000 images on it.

I take it with you traveling so much you must be retired......

dave

Last edited by Photo 5; Aug 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM.
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 3:32 PM   #22

Shoturtle:

If you're coming to Argentina, you should know this is not a little country you can visit in a couple of weeks. This is a huge country, with different climates and landscapes. There're about 7000 km. of Atlantic Ocean Coast, get it? And to the West you have the Cordillera of los Andes, which extends from the South of Chile up to Venezuela. South America is a continent in itself. Think big.
You need to make a plan. Where to go? How many days to stay? It's a tour? Are you going to rent a car? Five stars hotels? One star hostel? The distances are big, sometimes thousands of kilometers to drive. I've done it many times. It can be exhausting. Think something like Australia, not Italy.
I live in Buenos Aires and i can help you, but you need to make a plan. Staying easy times on an spa of Salta and make some short trips to the surroundings (short means sometimes a couple of hundred kilometers) or moving out to see the most you can see in a month. Chose.
The most spectacular sights, you will find in the very South of Argentina: Lago Argentino, Esquel, Futalaufquen lake, Calafate, Usuahia, etc. It's far away and its expensive. Do not think it's cheap. Our dollar is devaluated. The North of Argentina is cheaper.
We are reaching a nice time to be here (September, October, November). Please feel free to ask anything you want.
Some casual picks of Salta (can't show my film picks, they are not scanned):

Last edited by Ordo; Aug 27, 2010 at 3:35 PM.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:16 PM   #23

My wife has been talking to her coworker. She thinks that since we went to Asia and Africa the last 2 years. We may want to go to South America this year.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 1:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Ok how about a long roadtrip doing Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Angel Canyon, Monument Valley and everything there is to see?
Arches and the windy Ridge yea Hole in the Wall cafe Moab,Utah great place they have a River boat as well with paddles... can drive up to the Dinosaurs in Vernal Utah and on up to Green River Gorge lovely place this time of year... till the waters start freezing in October... and then Ice fishing and then on up to Pinedale,WY. Beavers in the lake I use to go camping at actually any where. Fort Bridger is a great place to stop and Yellowstone don't forget Jackson Hole as well or head east to Aspen Colorado Utah is great any Season thinking maybe move back there once back in the work fields....I would actually go for renting a motor home and travel for a month time through the whole place or maybe a years to hit it all... Wintering the sheep as the sheepherders do with wagon and all sound kinda romantic to me!
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 1:45 AM   #25

Thanks sharpshotgal, but I have been to most of the places you have listed. I uses to big into the great outdoors. Did allot of hiking and backpacking when I was younger. I actually hiked about 700 miles of the Appalachian trail when I was in collage one summer. But I am not a outdoor person anymore.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 1:55 AM   #26

Oh sucks well a place full of places to go into! Fairs and such how about the Boat Cruise... Guess I am one with a mind that would keep my own self busy if I had the financial means to do. Just to do as I was always stuck at home and still am with a few stitches healing good enough! I want to be out side enjoying life as something or such to actually have a job with some thing like Nat Geo or another mag would be heck a way! With a Flat to come back to when I need to yea ! But I am looking at Taxes and Massage... Sound like some one else I knew been there done that where the feeling of share the enjoyment or thrill at!!
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 2:01 AM   #27

Actually it is really a personal choice. Travel is the number one hobby for my wife and myself. So even when I did not have the means I have now. I went and travel still on the tight budget. Then I really got to travel allot in the service. Saw all of Europe that way, and met my wife while traveling. Then I chose a career field that required allot of traveling once I left the service. But my wife has a job that is always having her travel the world. And I join her at times.

I really believe one can always find a way to do the things they love if you leave your options open, and willing to take a chance.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:12 PM   #28

just a update it is 95% vietnam now. After I apply for the 70 dollar visa, then it will be 100% vietnam. China Beach and the South China Sea will be a warm getaway for this beach bum at heart.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:48 AM   #29

Since you need to pass through, stop off in Hawaii. Stay away from Waikiki and see the outer island sights - whales during the winter months, Waimea Canyon, Kokee, Haleakala, Volcano NP, etc.
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:57 AM   #30

Actually I am flying the other way, nyc, to fra, to HK to hanio, Would love to visit hawaii again.