Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:36 PM   #1

Default Faces (and colours) of India.

My daughter spent her Xmas break with her family wandering India. Last night she dumped like 200+ photos for me to see. Bless her little cotton socks.

I grabbed a few faces at random to share, hope you don't mind.

https://picasaweb.google.com/CamanoR...87630179272098

Last edited by Scouse; Jan 24, 2012 at 1:00 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:25 AM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Ken, the images are topi notch...congratulations to your daughter on a keen eye and some great compositions (framing, lighting, color, etc). IMHO, they are National Geographic Caliber with each image telling a story! Show me more!!
Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Ken, the images are topi notch...congratulations to your daughter on a keen eye and some great compositions (framing, lighting, color, etc). IMHO, they are National Geographic Caliber with each image telling a story! Show me more!!
Jehan
Thanks Jehan. She's a natural isn't she, how do you get jealous of your own kid.
We bought her that camera last year the Canon SX30 IX or somatt! She hauls 2 kids and a husband around with her so only having the one lens works for her...right now.
I've just done another batch of 'Faces' from India and Goa. Let me know what you think.
I'll be doing some of the street and castle scenes soon as well. Some of these were shot though a grubby windshield.

https://picasaweb.google.com/CamanoR...42797900202098

I like this picasa web thingy, show off the pics quite well.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:46 PM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Ditto on my comments for the second set...she really has a remarkable eye to capture faces. I'm curious: what kind of a trip was she on that she got to interact with so many local folk. From the pics, it looks like she engaged them in some manner and got them to be a part of her story. She's definitely got "photo-journalist" DNA in her. And amazing that the detail was captured with a point and shoot.

Do tell her that her imagery makes me envious of her talents!

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Ditto on my comments for the second set...she really has a remarkable eye to capture faces. I'm curious: what kind of a trip was she on that she got to interact with so many local folk. From the pics, it looks like she engaged them in some manner and got them to be a part of her story. She's definitely got "photo-journalist" DNA in her. And amazing that the detail was captured with a point and shoot.

Do tell her that her imagery makes me envious of her talents!

Jehan
Her and her husband work as teachers in Shanghai, at break times the scholl are pretty liberal about teachers taking trips.

She has a way with people that doesn't seem intrusive that they like. She had times when people would come up and ask her to take photos then run over to see the image on the camera. One stage she ran out of memory card and had to cull not so good shots. That broke her heart choosing them.
Here's a few of her Egypt trip form last year. Didn't let a little revolution stop her. She said people were so protective of here and her family. Her husband is Polynesian She was born in England and the kids are a mix...
Rotten brats, I love 'em.
https://picasaweb.google.com/CamanoR...42504723026818

I told her about your comments and others on our board. She was thrilled, Thanks from China Jehan.

I noticed that you make a nice comment further down the page on the Jindezen, China thread. (Jendezen really)

Last edited by Scouse; Jan 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM.