Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:42 PM   #1
NHL
Senior Member
 
NHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 39.18776, -77.311353333333
Posts: 11,511
Default Ha Long bay (the inside...)





__________________
photos (ϕοτοσ), light
graphos (γραϕος), painting
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

NHL,

You make me want to visit Vietnam again. Even though I felt that the vietnamese were always trying to fleece me as a tourist.
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:59 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
jjdog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southeastern Ohio
Posts: 6,370
Default

Beautiful location inside and out, well taken.

jj
__________________
Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:17 AM   #4
NHL
Senior Member
 
NHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 39.18776, -77.311353333333
Posts: 11,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
You make me want to visit Vietnam again. Even though I felt that the vietnamese were always trying to fleece me as a tourist.
IMO the North are better mannered, as their tourism are loosely based on the Chinese model. The tour operators did drive us to 'officially sanctioned' stores for gifts at the end of each trip just like when we were in Beijing where the price are 'controlled' by the government (i.e. fixed/no haggle, but probably higher than what a local folk would have paid)
__________________
photos (ϕοτοσ), light
graphos (γραϕος), painting
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:31 AM   #5
NHL
Senior Member
 
NHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 39.18776, -77.311353333333
Posts: 11,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdog2 View Post
Beautiful location inside and out, well taken.

jj

Thanks - This place has even less tourists: Trip to Perfume Pagoda
__________________
photos (ϕοτοσ), light
graphos (γραϕος), painting
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,267
Default

Very nicely captured and excellent processing. Great colors. Looks like a beautiful place.
__________________
A-mount
E-mount
Canon S95
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 4:31 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL View Post
IMO the North are better mannered, as their tourism are loosely based on the Chinese model. The tour operators did drive us to 'officially sanctioned' stores for gifts at the end of each trip just like when we were in Beijing where the price are 'controlled' by the government (i.e. fixed/no haggle, but probably higher than what a local folk would have paid)
Some merchant wanted to charge me 50k dong for what they sell to locals for 800 dong for a bag of peanut. But they really did use the chinese model. I prefer the thai model. The price is about 1/2 the opening price with just some talking.
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.

Last edited by shoturtle; Mar 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:40 PM   #8
NHL
Senior Member
 
NHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 39.18776, -77.311353333333
Posts: 11,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Sony merchant wanted to charge me 50k dong for what they sell to locals for 800 dong for a bag of peanut. But they really did use the chinese model. I prefer the thai model. The price is about 1/2 the opening price with just some talking.
That's still very cheap.
Everyone is a millionaire in VN as $100 exchanges to ~1,600,000 Dong!
__________________
photos (ϕοτοσ), light
graphos (γραϕος), painting
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:41 PM   #9
NHL
Senior Member
 
NHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 39.18776, -77.311353333333
Posts: 11,511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomitamike View Post
Very nicely captured and excellent processing. Great colors. Looks like a beautiful place.
It's so beautiful that the next time we'll plan on staying on overnights cruise.
__________________
photos (ϕοτοσ), light
graphos (γραϕος), painting

Last edited by NHL; Mar 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:07 AM.