Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old May 23, 2004, 9:48 AM   #1

Just got back from atoo short vacation to Oahu, Hawaii and have uploaded the photos that I took. Bear in mind that I haven't done any post processing other than converting from RAW to medium quality jpg with minimal sharpening and will work on the images that I like at a later time.

Many of the pics are simply family shots while there are some that were taken simply because I liked the scene.

I should have called Selvin, but this was a family gathering of sorts and my time was generally at the mercy of others.

Enjoy :|

http://www.never3putt.com/hawaii_2004.htm

ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2004, 12:16 PM   #2

Where are the pictures? 'Ave I gone bloody mad?

discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 12:55 PM   #3

O'henry,

Fully understand your family committments. Been in similar situations before. Looks like you loved the surf. That yellow outfit is about as bright as I've ever seen before on a surfer. Kaneohe really looks nice and green as well as the Pali lookout. Strange as it may seem I haven't been over that area in quite some time especially after the heavy rains. Having seen your shots may take a look soon.

Aloha

DiscoDudette, click on Ohenry's name on the left then go to his homepage and look thru the menus you'll see "hawaii2004".

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 7:03 PM   #4

Sorry....my mind is still on Hawaii time and I'm drain bamaged a bit The link is there now

Selvin...the surfer in yellow is my brother in law.

Old May 28, 2004, 9:32 AM   #5

Enjoyed your Hawaii pictures. My family and I were in Maui in April '03 for a week and we loved it - first time for my family and about my 7th or 8th trip (active duty + govt. worker) to Hawaii. Kinda ironic that I am sitting here at work with my Hawaiian shirt on and looking at your pictures. Guess I made a good choice today.:-)
frontier02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2004, 11:14 AM   #6

Gorgeous photos! They really are! Too bad the surfing pictures weren't closer, that would have made a great shot.

My favorite was the last shot in the "Hawaii Landscapes" page... it had a couple of rocks with sea moss and a slight view of the ocean. ((http://www.never3putt.com/photos/Haw...e/CRW_6486.jpg)) Such a beaut!

~JENNI
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 7:31 AM   #7

Every grouping has winners, but one photo in particular stands out for me: the closer of the two shots where someone is over backwards in the water and there'slittle more than just legs sticking up and out. Besides great composition, it laughs out loud. It's the epitome of a great vacation.

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2004, 3:55 PM   #8

Any vacation is too short. :-)

Great pics!
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 5:18 PM   #9

bcoultry wrote:
Quote:
Every grouping has winners, but one photo in particular stands out for me: the closer of the two shots where someone is over backwards in the water and there'slittle more than just legs sticking up and out. Besides great composition, it laughs out loud. It's the epitome of a great vacation.

--Barbara

LOL. That was my sister in law being the goal posts for the football.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 5:21 PM   #10

Jenni wrote:
Quote:
Gorgeous photos! They really are! Too bad the surfing pictures weren't closer, that would have made a great shot.

My favorite was the last shot in the "Hawaii Landscapes" page... it had a couple of rocks with sea moss and a slight view of the ocean. ((http://www.never3putt.com/photos/Haw...e/CRW_6486.jpg)) Such a beaut!

~JENNI
Yes, Jenni... I really need to get a long lens. The surfing shots were all taken using a Canon 70-200 plus 2X TC. Even at 400mm, they were a bit out of reach. I'm taking up a collection for a Canon 600 mm...you can forward your Paypal donations directly to me

That picture you're talking about caught my eye as well. Would have liked to have had a bit more time exploring various angles of that but I had other commitments at the time.