Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Jun 20, 2004, 10:43 AM   #11

well I live in western australia. I want to travel around my own country first. Then new zealand for the magnificent scenery. I would like to go to the UK as I have relatives there and one day maybe canada, alaska.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 12:58 AM   #12

LeBic, Quebec,Canada, the most beautiful place to visit, and it's not because i was born and raise there. Watch for more wonderful photos in mid july after my vacation.
Attached Images

kadok6330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 12:58 AM   #13

Le Bic. One more.
Attached Images

Old Jun 21, 2004, 12:59 AM   #14

Le Bic.
Attached Images

Old Jun 21, 2004, 1:01 AM   #15

A map just in case you wanna go.
Attached Images

Old Jun 23, 2004, 5:06 PM   #16

great photography tour would be the pacific islands. sooo many islands to visit. some modern and some not so modern. filled with traditions. places like palau for its great diving and photographic scenery, lots of smaller islands for romantic getaways. then there's always Guam, where i'm at. its pretty cool. kinda like a smaller hawaii but be sure to bring $$$. it ain't cheap.

berto
here's a map of guam. i'm in dededo

Attached Images

berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 10:25 AM   #17

This country (the US), like most countries, and more than some is amazing in its many sights, feels and sounds. Ansel Adams never "finished" with Yosemite. I have spent just a few days there and could return many times and not scratch its photographic surface. New York is invigorating and astounding.

As for international, nothing I have seen isas spectacular as Egypt. It is like walking back in time (no, the Egyptian people do not dislike Americans, they like them. They don't like American global politics, but then neither do I. It is a safe place to visit and can be done relatively inexpensively)

In Europe Italy is amazing. Rome and Florence would take a lifetime to capture. I hope next to see Venice (off season- too many tourists) and Capri.

London is the definition of city- big, brash and yet very British. The food is even very good (stay within the city for that to apply). I travel there often and miss it when I haven't been in a while.

Costa Rica is extraordinary. There is a whole continent to see within 75 miles. Every type of forest, jungle and seascape is there as well as plains reminiscent of our west. A great place.

All of the Caribbean, with some few exceptions, is fantastic. Islands are always photographic. Every year my wife and I go to Cozumel in Mexico, only known to most as a drinking stop on a cruise ship. Much of the island, however is very beautiful and very empty (also very, very, inexpensive).

I could go on. I am very happy to live in an age when travel is affordable (thank you, INTERNET) and accessible to many more people than ever before. Pack your bags, grab your camera and enjoy!

Jim
JimCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 1:33 AM   #18

If scenery is what you're after, keep in mind that in some countries you can travel all day and at the day's end, what you see is little different from what you saw that morning.

In <b>New Zealand</b> on the other hand you can drive for an hour and you find youself in a different world. If you want pictures of scenery, New Zealand packs more variety into one country than any other place on earth.

My other favorite for breath-taking scenery is the highlands of <b>Kenya</b>.

Herb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 2:09 PM   #19

My favorite is the Philippines. The diversity of subject matter seems limitless (allthough I'm sure this is the case wherever you go), but there it seems to be more so. If you're into history there's Intramuros (the original walled city of Manila), Corrigador preserved as it was at the end of WWII and Leyte. You could probably get several hundred megabytes of flower shots including more orchads growing wild than I ever imagined existed. For mountains and volcanos I'd recomend mt. Taal (pronounced ta-al) which is a volcano withen a volcano and the Mayan volcano which they bill as the worlds most perfect cone. Of course you can't rule out the everyday street scenes you come accross like Jeepneys (local mass transit you have to see to believe), farmers hauling sugar cane in trucks left over from WWII and still running, or busy Manila streets being shared by everything from BMW Z3's to water buffalos pulling carts.
tleonhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:57 PM   #20

Hi

Just got back from Corfu, very nice, especially the day trip we had to Albania.

Albania is very scenic and beautiful. Totally unspoilt at the moment, but give it a few years and it will be very different.

I'll try and add some photo's soon so you can see

Steve
StevePn is offline   Reply With Quote