Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:51 PM   #1

Hi all...I'm trying to get some ideas for a photo tour together and was hoping for some help. What do you consider to be your top five or so overseas destinations as far as where you would want to go on a small group photo tour? I have my own in mind, but I'd like to see what other people think as well. Thanks much!
voiceinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2004, 2:49 PM   #2
Deo

where do you live.how far do you want to travel?
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 3:47 PM   #3

I live in the US and I'm thinking international in scope...all options are open, including Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. Any ideas?
Old Jun 16, 2004, 4:18 PM   #4

hmm....if you HAVE to go out of the country..

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"i would love to go see Machu Pichu...in peru....(i think....maybe columbia)...

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"in the country i'd no doubtedly want to go to Alaska, or Yosemite...
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 5:16 PM   #5
Deo

i went to yosemite last its fatastic....but if you come over this side of the pond theres some great european cities. in the uk now we have some really cheap flights to european cities like Prague, Barcelona, Rome and Paris and of course London!

check out easyjet.com for some low cost, (food drinks extra) flights around europe. some others are bmi baby and ryan air.....Big ben, tower bridge, eiffel tower, colliseum and gaudi's uncompleted cathedral you know it sounds good....but then again what about egypt, Greece or the far east...........
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:27 AM   #6

Somewhere in mountain country...where the vistas are huge, the masses are absent, the waters clear and the sunsets so achingly beautiful that you are left with a profound sense of gratitude for the privelege of being present at moments in the mountains.

Afterwards, down below...salmon grilled on an open fire...American Indian style...with a few good friends and, in the best of worlds, with a life mate who shares a love of photography and "moments."

It is less an actual destination and more a heart's longing.

There ya go, voiceinky!
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 12:05 PM   #7

Digcamfan has said it all. It's not where you go but how you see where you already are.

For those of us who can't currently go wandering, there's an alternative: we can walk down a streetwe haven't walked before.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:20 PM   #8

If money and accomodations are not problematic, Tierra del Fuego and most of southern Argentina offer incredible opportunities. The fishing ain't so bad, either.

After the Olympics, the Aegian Islands of Greece would be a good choice. Itravelled there a few years ago and got to visit the island I was named after...Delos. Really lovely, very laid back and the people were friendly. I did not, however, care for the Greek Mainland nearly as much as the islands.

For quaint village photography, and 1st class accomodations, the South of France (Nice, Cannes) are wonderful. It's only a short drive to Monoco, and well worth a day trip.

I'm still partial to the Western United States for sheer beauty, though. Tahoe, Yosemite, Monument Valley, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, etc. Very hard to beat, and almost everyone speaks English.

Good luck in making a choice.

Delos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:27 PM   #9

Thanks very much to all of you for your input. Cheers....
Old Jun 20, 2004, 10:33 AM   #10

Well i just finished a 7 month trip through Central and South America and it was amazing! Galapagos Islands and the Pantangonia region was incredible for out door activities and photo opportunities. Travel is pretty cheap for most places (except the Galapagos).

I've started to post some photos from my trip in this forum under photos from my latin america trip.
chappy77 is offline   Reply With Quote