Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Nov 16, 2004, 12:22 AM   #1

Just returned from DC where Ihad a few hours to spare. Here a few shots from DC. One of the Wall

and the other the Memorial at sunset. Please enjoy, comments welcome.

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2004, 1:17 AM   #2

Selvin,

Nice work with the reflections in The Wall. There are so many photos of it and every new one still chokes me up.

Thanks,

Bill
BillD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:47 AM   #3

BIll, thanks for your kind comments.I've been to the wall many time but it does tug at the heartstrings each time.

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 9:59 AM   #4

I agree with Bill's comment. The reflection creates a sense that those KIA whose names are represented on the Wall Memorial are alive in spirit and never forgotten. Very moving. Thanks for sharing Selvin.

Sam
spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:39 AM   #5

Thanks for sharing. Having been in Viet Nam, it is quite emotional for me to see the names of close comrades and a cousin (didn't even know he was there the same time I was).

A little O/T: I worked for the Army and lived in Germany for 8 years. During my 2nd tour, I was working at NATO/SHAPE HQ in Belgium. My uncle on my Mom's side was killed in WWII at the Battle of the Bulge and he is buried in a cemetary in Belgium. I had the opportunity to visit his grave and take a picture of it for his 2 sons (my cousins). They both really appreciated it and when the older cousin was in Germany on a trip he won with his company, I took him to Belgium to see his dad's grave.

frontier02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 6:58 PM   #6

Very beautiful, moving photo of the wall, Selvin.

You have captured it so well.

55, 000 Men of Honor...Forever young, forever remembered.
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 11:12 PM   #7

An absolutely fantastic photograph. Having several family members who fought and died in the Vietnam War, that photo really hits home.

I've got several photos of me at the wall, but none were ever posted due to the amount of tears that were involved.

The tattoo that covers my back depicts the ghost of my father holding me up at a young age tracing his name on the wall. A tattoo that the soldiers in my group, 5 Commando, really respect and most can relate to.

I visit that Wall once a year just to pay my respects to the people who fought and died in a time and place that nobody really understood, but knew only one thing - they were called, and they went. It goes for thesoldier who fired the first muskett at Concord and to the last Mercenary who died in the jungles of Nicaragua because their government neglected them, they were called and they went.

That is something to respect and behold, regardless of whatever anyone says.

As a Mercenary in 57 differentcampaigns in over 45 different countries around the world since 1988, my respects go out to you for that photograph.

A soldier without fortune,

Steve

LINEBACKER 2 is offline   Reply With Quote