Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:42 PM   #11

Hi Kenny,

I meant that my fave veg is the greenfruit of courgettes.... Big yum.....:-D.... I did however eat theflowers once in Italy, served I think just lightly sauted in batter,aspart of the main course -as asort ofspecialveg dish. At the time I thought it wasvery romantic.

I'm sending you a pm witha recipefor stuffed courgette flowers, personally I'd drop all the frilly bits, but the basic idea soundsnice.

:bye:Canna.

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 8:48 PM   #12

Oh I see! Thanks canna .. I didn't get the PM though! I have to check to see if I turned off PM messaging. Thanks!
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:22 PM   #13

Kenny, Canna has us confused, as in mixed up like Kramer in an episode of Seinfeld, or maybe George in his Vandelay industries. Anyhow, I got the recipe fo' da corgette flowers! Reckon the same basic name mighta caused some confusion. You know, Kenneth...Kenny....but if you want I can forward it to you. Oooooh, ya man! I just finished supper so I'm a bit ...sleepy. Ate too much! Man I make a mean stir fry. zzzz...maybe Canna will send you the recipe. I gotta have a nap. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 4:45 PM   #14

Hi Kenny (Real Kenny this time),

I tried to send you this recipe- to sort of rectify my mistake - but was told your name was unrecogniseable!!! I guess this means your pm is still switched off....

I apologise for the muddle.I promice you - you do not want this recipe.... :? I will lnow leave you in peace & creep quietly away.

abw, Canna

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 3:18 PM   #15

The strangest thing I have ever seen on a menu was in London. Spotted Dick. Needless to say, I didn't order any, but I would be interested to know that it isn't what it sounds like and what the heck it really is!!

H
bigboyhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 4:15 PM   #16

bigboyhf wrote:
Quote:
Spotted Dick. I would be interested to know that it isn't what it sounds like and what the heck it really is!!

Ha Ha ! Don't worry bigboyhf, it isn't what you think it sounds like. It's a suet pudding with currants, that's where the spotted bit comes in. Usually eaten with custard. As for the dick..............have a look here to put your mind at rest, http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mspotteddick.html A couple of explanations as to where the name may originate.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 2:37 PM   #17
Administrator

Frog Legs are considered a delicacy in some parts of theUnited States, and you sometimes see them served at restaurants, too. For example, I had them at a restaurant in the Atlanta, Georgia area sometime last year.

I'll take them over my wife's favorite meal: a Hamburger, complete with Lettuce, Tomato, and Peanut Butter. I refuse to prepare a Hamburger this way for her (but I have seen restaurants accomodate her tastes and agree to putpeanut butter on one). ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 12:41 PM   #18

Ox-tails anyone? Try it you might like it. From Honoulu HI

They are actually quite tasty.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote