Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Apr 21, 2005, 11:08 PM   #1

Lest we forget the mighty power we wield on this planet

on the other side of the domethere are plaques of the corporations both american and japanese that protect and and support the upkeep of this monument.

Attached Images

sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2005, 3:57 PM   #2
E.T

sjms wrote:
Quote:
Lest we forget the mighty power we weild on this planet
Wrong... mankind can't do a sh*t for this planet, mankind has only power to destroy itself.
(and/or small chance to save itself)

But if "mother nature" would start treating mankind as we treat nature it could destroy even smallest remnants of this specie very fast.

http://www.nuclearweaponarchive.org/Wallpaper.html
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 4:12 PM   #3

E.T wrote:
Quote:
sjms wrote:
Quote:
Lest we forget the mighty power we weild on this planet
Wrong... mankind can't do a sh*t for this planet, mankind has only power to destroy itself.
(and/or small chance to save itself)

But if "mother nature" would start treating mankind as we treat nature it could destroy even smallest remnants of this specie very fast.

http://www.nuclearweaponarchive.org/Wallpaper.html
why thank you for that rather informative comment. but i do think you need to get out more often though and really see the world and the affect we have on it not just ourselves.

i think you should gotoHiroshimaand stand there awhile. just absorb the environment.

nice outfit though.

Old Jun 8, 2005, 2:04 AM   #4
E.T

sjms wrote:
Quote:
but i do think you need to get out more often though and really see the world and the affect we have on it not just ourselves.
Like I wouldn't know well enough what kind destructive pest human is.
Sure human could destroy big amount of living organisms but that has happened many times in Earth's history... life might have even had to start again couple times in start because of heavy hits in "cosmic shooting range".

And there's certain organism which live in such circumstances that you might not even think that...
Like bacterias in storages of highly radioactive nuclear waste, or literally inside rocks in Antarctica, same goes for Earth's crust, uppermost ten kilometers might contain huge amount of biomass. Or how about black smokers in bottom of oceans with 200-300 C water pouring from them and conditions which would be quite poisonous for ordinary lifeforms but still there's lot of life around them.
Then there's some scorpions which can survive in environment with enough ionizing radiation to kill human thousands times, which was find in Sahara while France did it nuclear tests in there.

Quote:
i think you should go¬*to¬*Hiroshima¬*and stand there awhile. just absorb the environment.
Sure that works good reminder what human is capable and willing to do to others, like all event around WW2, what Hitler and Stalin did, methods they used...
Which would be now even more topical to remember than ever considering current world events!

Like fact that while Finland was fighting to keep its independence and avoid being conquered (&sure atrocities) by propably world history's worst tyrant certain "civilized" western nations gave him weapons because he, conveniently for these countries, fought also against other such tyrant.

But don't worry I forget those!
I've long time ago arrived to conclusion that human as a specie is stupid animal which doesn't learn anything from the past and is incapable to rational thinking.
(and can be brainwashed/"trained" more easily than animals)
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:46 AM   #5

hhmmmm............I think someone needs to take a few nice calming nature photos for a while.

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 12:12 AM   #6

mommy_culleton wrote:
Quote:
hhmmmm............I think someone needs to take a few nice calming nature photos for a while.

Rose
that or get back on their meds... :G

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 7:57 AM   #7

"But don't worry I forget those!
I've long time ago arrived to conclusion that human as a specie is stupid animal which doesn't learn anything from the past and is incapable to rational thinking.
(and can be brainwashed/"trained" more easily than animals)"

E.T. just remember, YOU are a member of that human species. Now CHILL.

SJMS, nice shot. Is that structure open to the public or are the radiation levels too high?

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:21 AM   #8

its been open to the public since it was reinforced (it is fence in so you can't get that close due to it fragile nature) and the peace park was built around it. there is no danger from radiation. Hiroshima is a thriving city in japan again. there is a baseball stadium not more then a 1/2 mile from that spot. they have taken a moment of tragedy in our time and made it a hopefully enduring symbol for peace.