Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:59 AM   #11

Very well done.

Where's number 9 taken?

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 10:42 AM   #12

Thanks Selvin! #9 was shot at theWyndham Rose Hall golf course in Montego Bay. Nice scenery,but the resort wasn't as nice as I expected.
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 8:16 PM   #13

Hopefully, Annie Plamer, the White Witch of Rose Hall had nothing to do with it.

I was born and raised in Jamaica which partly explains my interest.

Aloha
Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:20 PM   #14

I don't think she had anything to do with it :lol:- that was an interesting story, though. I would have liked to tour the house, but I didn't have time. I've never met anyone who was born and raised in Jamaica (besodes the locals we met there). It's such a beautiful place! Where did you live while you were there? When did you move away?
Old Jun 3, 2005, 8:27 PM   #15

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous enough about anybody going to Jamaica! You don't have to rub it in with those fantastic pictures you know!! And that goes for you too Selvin! Between Jamaica and Hawaii I don't know how much more I can take!!
How about when you are sweltering in the heat I'll send you pictures of ice and snow!?!?!?!?!?!

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:48 PM   #16

I have a lot of pics of Ice and snow, too, living in Minnesota - I'm sure not nearly as much as you get in Ontario!:G That's why it's so nice to get away once in a while - keep from freezing over.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 3:21 AM   #17

Ride16,

Please bear a bit with me -- I'm not intending to hijack your thread.

It's funny, Rose, I just noticed that you live in Kingston Ontario, aside from Windsor, Ontario, Kingston was one of the first cities I visited in Canada while I was living in Chicago. I went there to play cricket. It was the only time I ever played cricket while I was attending college in the USA. What little of Kingston I saw and remembered impressed me. For you Rose, there is snow in Hawaii:

Picture taken by my son in Hilo, Hawaii of the snow atop Mauna Kea.

About cold... I lived in Chicago for five years and got enough cold weather to last me a lifetime. Strangely enough I have almost no pictures of Jamaica although it has many of the same tropical beauty as Hawaii.

Left Jamaica a few years after going back just after college. That was about 30+ years ago. Grew up in Kingston and St. Andrew, been back only once and was the victim of police extortion near Lucea not too far from Montego Bay.

Because of that bad experience I don't think I'll be going back again.

Aloha

Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:44 AM   #18

That's too bad about Jamaica, but Hawaii seems to be equally, if not more beautiful. We wanted to go there last year, but being just out of collage it's still a little too pricey for us. Oh well, there's always next year! :G (PS - no worries about "hijacking" the thread - I never even thought twice about it).
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:32 PM   #19

Thanks guys..............you're starting to cheer me up a bit! A few years ago, when we lived in Pembroke Ontario, the temperature was -50 celsuis with the wind chill factor. We decided enough was enough and we were going to move! We decided Hawaii would be perfect....untill I got out the world atlas. America.....water................................. .........Hawaii................................... ................Asia.
Just a little too far to swim in case of emergancy! So then we said "Kingston!".
I forgot to say Kingston, Jamaica!
Oh well, it'll do for now.

By the way, I believe we have the same winters as Minnesota.

Rose:bye:
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 7:05 AM   #20

Yeah, we've had quite a few days where it has reached around 50 or 60 below zero with the wind chill. Those are great days to stay home if you can!:O