Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old May 12, 2006, 3:07 PM   #1

I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT. My favored lens is a 28-105mm, for the versatility compared to the standard 50mm, but I also have a 75-300mm, as well as a high def 0.5x wide angle lens with macro (can i use the wide angle lenswithout the macro piece attached?). My filters include a UV, a polarizing, and a ?skylight? (light pink). My external flash is a Sunpak PZ40X. I have the space to carry all of it with me, but I'd prefer to have advice on the subject first.

I'm traveling to Munich, Berlin, Amsterdm, Paris, and Dusseldorf.

Questions:

1.Do lens fliters havegood use here, if there is anything to look for (i.e. famous buildings, art, ect...).

2. Is there anything that makes a good picture at certain times of the day?

3. Where should I avoid if I want good picture opportunities?

Any extra info about these localeswould be appreciated.

mr8677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2006, 12:59 AM   #2

i have seen the 2 places u mentioned, amsterdam & paris, in amsterdam my advise is to take a tour at the canal (by boat), lots of photo opportunities there along side the canal, the governors house, twin brother & twin sisters house, bridgesetc, and a separate tour at the windmill ofcourse is a must. Take another tour of the canal at nite then to the red light district ( a good experience ).

in paris, everywhere is a good place for photography, i doubt if u will be able to use all your accessories like lens filters etc,,, i am always excited seing this places so i just take photos as much as i can,,, its nice to have a digital camera he he

mark :-)
marksotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 11:14 AM   #3

thanks for the tips
mr8677 is offline   Reply With Quote