Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Travel Photography

Old Jul 10, 2006, 9:54 AM   #1

This is a winter look of the Royal Garden in Beijing.
Attached Images

wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:01 AM   #2

Imperial Palace, Beijing
Attached Images

Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:02 AM   #3

Photo 3
Attached Images

Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:03 AM   #4

Promenade, Shanghai
Attached Images

Old Jul 17, 2006, 4:13 PM   #5

VERY nice pictures! You have a good eye for composition and framing a scene!

Please post more pictures. And what kind of camera did you use? Also, if you could list the camera settings for each picture taken that would be nice too but not necessary.

I haven't been back to HK in over 15 years. Too long! I used to have grandparents there. Now it's just my aunt/uncle. Who might be moving to Vancouver, Canada.

Take care.
DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 7:11 PM   #6

Thank you for the viewing and feedback.

The above pictures were taken with aDimage A2 and a Cokin Gradual Blue, a filterthat I like to use when shooting with A2.

A2 is the first digital prosumer camera I used when I switched from the SLR to the digital. I am very satisfied with the overall performance of the camera, especially with its manual zoom; however, there is one thing that I don't like: the lack of vividity in the colour of the imagesit reproduces. I have to switch the colour mode to Vivid, the settings forcolour filter, contrast compensation and contrast controlall by one stop up with a view to achieving the kind of image effect that I like. In contrast, this problem does not happen in the Nikon and Olympus I have been using.

Glad to hear that you are from Hong Kong. Hong Kong has changed a lot in the past 2 decades. If you have time, come back and savour the memories you have of the city. It is a lovely place and it certainly will attract you, like summer wine, andwon't let you go.

Glad reading from you and would like to share with you this photo that you must be very muchfamiliar with.
Attached Images

Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:43 PM   #7

wk7leung wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for the viewing and feedback.

The above pictures were taken with aDimage A2 and a Cokin Gradual Blue, a filterthat I like to use when shooting with A2.

A2 is the first digital prosumer camera I used when I switch from the SLR to the digital. I am very satisfied with the overall performance of the camera, especially with its manual zoom; however, there is one thing that I don't like: the lack of vividity in the colour of the imagesit reproduces. I have to switch the colour mode to Vivid, the settings forcolour filter, contrast compensation and contrast controlall by one stop up with a view to achieving the kind of image effect that I like. In contrast, this problem does not happen in the Nikon and Olympus I have been using.

Glad to hear that you are from Hong Kong. Hong Kong has changed a lot in the past 2 decades. If you have time, come back and savour the memories you have of the city. It is a lovely place and it certainly will attract you, like summer wine, andwon't let you go.

Glad reading from you and would like to share with you this photo that you must be very muchfamiliar with.
Hello,

Thanks for the nice picture. But I think there was a slight misunderstanding. When I said I hadn't been back in 15 years I meant for vacation. I was born and raised in Canada. Though, I have been to HK 13 times in my life as I had lots of family and grandparents there. My parents however are from HK.

But yes...I've heard about the changes. And am looking forwards to visiting again soon!

I might invest in some filters too for my Sony DSC-H1. I'm totally new to photography and am just learning the ropes now. Slowly but surely. Enjoying every minute of it. And have been happy with my results so far.

Have a good week! And keep up the great work!!
DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:39 AM   #8

As regards filters, the first one I would like to recommend is the circular polarizer which is good for the purpose of increasing contrast for shots. The second is the gradual blue,gradual grey and gradual orange for reducing contrast between the sky and the landscape below in the case oflandscape photography, especially in travel photography when you are confronted with backlitscenes. For general purposes, Cokin's are good enough, I think.