Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2006, 7:14 PM   #2

Attached Images

wk7leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 7:15 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:42 AM   #4

i've got a dimage a1 and found it takes fantastic photos. glad you could share with us the great photos you took with your a2
Taraelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:56 AM   #5

A2 is the first digital prosumer camera I used when I switched from the SLR to the digital. I am very satisfied with the overall performance of the camera except for one thing: the lack of vividity in the colour of the imagesit reproduces. I have to switch the colour mode to Vivid, the settings forcolour filter, contrast compensation and contrast controlall by one stop up with a view to achieving the kind of image effect that I like.

I am not sure whetheryou have the same impression about the camera.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 1:05 AM   #6

Would like to share something about A2 paiiring with the 3600 HS(D) for multiple flash photography. The combination is asversatile as the DSLR's. The 28-200 lens on A2 is excellent for macrophotography, too. You can add a Canon close-up lens 500D to the lens to increase its magnification.Iam sure you can get a lot of fun fromthe set- up.The attached are two photos taken with such a set-up.

Attached Images

Old Jul 18, 2006, 1:11 AM   #7

Photo 2
Attached Images

Old Jul 22, 2006, 8:42 PM   #8

I like these and your other pictures. I really like Beijing and HK and you have captured it very well. For me the colours are warm and natural, I think the first one on this page is if anything over saturated so I wouldn't worry too much. It may be a white balance issue, it being winter and judging bythe shadows either early or at the end of the day. It might be an idea to tweak the WB.

I also see that you used a grad blue, which makes me wonder what software are you using with your photos? Colured filters are pretty much unnecessary with digital and you can have as much vivid colour and saturation you want at the nudge of a mouse. But you have a good eye for a picture and that's impossible to get with a PC. Thanks for posting these pictures theybring back happy memories.
VinnyP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:29 PM   #9

I often use the gradual blue to bring down the contrast between the sky and the landscape and to increase the saturation of the blue of the sky. Sideand direct naturallights are myfavourite; however, with the use of a gradual blue, scenes of great light contrast can also be harnased, creating wonderfuleffect and making photographingthose interesting scenes possible despiteunfavourable lighting there.

The advantage of digital photography is thatI can see the image right away. So, the use of filters has been made much easier and I can try different effects using different filters and check the outcome in no time.

Two disadvantages, despite the offer of more colours in images,are the decrease inimage resolution as a result of the acrylic in front of the lens and the presence of flare from the surface of the acrylic.

I tend not to rely much onadjusting shotqualityusingthe Adobe software I have or the Camedia. It is very time consuming. At the same time,much reliance on that will decrease thefun ofsolvingexposure and contrast problems encountered on the scene.

Have said the above, it is also worthwhile to learn how to use the image software to fine tune the quality of shots to ones that we delight. It is another level of photography.

Parts of this bulletin board may not function unless you enable JavaScript (also called Active Scripting) in your browser.

Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:35 AM   #10

I know what you mean it is best to get it as good as it can be in the camera. I tend to use a grad ND and or a Polariserand sort out colours in the PC since that allows me most latitude and you don't get a blue cast on clouds etc. I enjoy the Photoshop side of things like I used to enjoy darkroom work but we do this for fun so if its not for you why do it :-)

Better than any grad or coloured filter when faced with the perfect picture is to shoot 2 from a tripod one exposed for the sky one exposed for the ground and blend the 2 together. The new Alpha does something similar in camera I think by varying the sensitivity of groups of sensors this sounds like an excitingidea, if the noise can be kept in check. I can see other manufacturers offering the same option if it works.
VinnyP! is offline   Reply With Quote