Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:32 AM   #1

I have a B/M mono pod which is very sturdy and fully functional, but rather large and heavy....for a lot of my needs its perfect as I am not usually far from the vehicle.

But I am trying to pack a small suitcase with wheels, with everything I may need on a trip to the Zoo or on a tour or something similar and I believe a Mono pod that will collapse to under18 inches with the swivel head and QR plate. would be perfect.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:53 PM   #2

I did some research and checked out lots of information about monopods. I purchased the carbon fiber 1471 from Feisol - $99.00 - and then purchased a Manfrotto quick release tilt top # 3229 from B&H. The tilt head is the same as the #3232 except the release plate is built in. See links below.

The monopod is great and I have had zero issues with it. I am not a small person at over 6' and the height and thicker size of the unit seems to suit me fine. There is no real weight to contend with and the carry case that came with the unit is very nice.

I tried a ball head and found it a real pain to deal with; the tilt head is super and the quick release seems to be doing the job just fine. I use the unit with a 20D and 100-300mm that is not small and so far so good.

The Feisol arrived with zero problems and arrived before the tilt head from B&H did.

alamedasw is offline   Reply With Quote