Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:40 AM   #1

I'm shopping for a tripod for myhusband Nikon D80 and D200&I'm coming here to ask for some good advices oropinions.I was offered a Manfrotto 055MF4 carbon fiber tripod and a Benro KB1 ball head for a good deal. Would like to hearabout this tripod combination.Suggestions would de appreciated.

He has been using a D80 and D200 with a 18-200 VR lens+ Nikon AF 18-200mm 1:3.5-5.6 (VR) +Nikon 80-200 1:2.8 D ( Filtro B+W ) AND Nikkor AF-S 300m f/2.8D II IF-ED

Thanks in advance
Babellla65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:22 PM   #2

I came looking back for a reply to my topic, so I'll answer here

i own the 5800D sunpack

not top notch high end one butI tell you I am happywith it 30.00 at bestuy. does the trick for me

2 attachemnts for 2 camera camcorders , butwishedit had additional attachments likecar window etc?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 7:58 PM   #3

Hi Babella65,
You may need to research at Nikonians. While they are big Markins ball-head fans there they have a good amount of information on the Benro equipment which they highly regard... especially the Benro tripod legs which they rate as good and better than Gitzo.

The problem here in the USA is that Adorama doesn't carry the line, B&H will special order 3 of the older version legs. That leaves e-bay which still does not have what I want even though its coming from abroad.

The USA importer of Benro, MAC Group, is now introducing via Adorama and elsewhere their own Benro line called Induro. The problem is that the ball-heads are 2/3s the cost of the originals and the tripods are now as expensive as the Gitzos!

I'm told we will be paying 4X as much here as they go for in Asia.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote