Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Mar 28, 2007, 3:21 PM   #1

Hey there

I've managed to get my tripod head stuck onto my camera...I wouldn't have bothered trying to remove it if it weren't for the fact that I can't get into the battery compartment.

The camera is a Fuji Finepix S6500fd, and I'm not sure what to do...it's covered by warranty, but I go on holiday soon...should I take it to a repair shop?

I don't care if I need to even cut the head off as I was planning on buying a new tripod anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
sueKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2007, 6:59 PM   #2

sueKay wrote:
...should I take it to a repair shop?...
If you are lucky enough to have a repair shop nearby, go there. Likely you will feel a bit foolish when they show you how to get it loose. No, I don't know how but a good repair shop tech would do it by touch. And then tell you if you should throw the tripod (likely) or tell you what you did wrong.

While you are there, take a look about to see what they are selling and at what kind of price. Likely there will be something that at some time in the future you will be looking for. Little stuff like lens cleaning tissues works out cheaper when you don't have to pay shipping.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote