Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:38 PM   #1
Default SLIK Universal U-212 tripod

Hello, and thank you for allowing me here

I am 42 years old and new to photography. I hope it's not too late

I just bought a SLIK U-212 tripod from a thrift store for $20. I have a few questions about it, if I may.

1. Unfortunately, the tripod is missing the part that the camera connects to at the very top. I found a part online that appears to be what I need, but it's for the SLIK U-212DX, which is not the model I have [SLIK Universal U-212]. Here's a link to it:

The manufacturer's part number of the post for the DX model is 618-752. Will it fit the model I bought?

2. This tripod also has this circular panoramic guide at the base of the head. It moves freely [I can turn it 360 degrees with my finger]. Is it supposed to move freely or should it be glued? If it's the latter, I have no reference points to glue it down.

3. The rubber pad at the very top of the head came off easily. What kind of glue should I use to glue it down firmly?

4. And finally the most important part: where can I find the manual for this specific model? I am a manual type of man, and I don't think I would have bothered you all with these questions if I had one

I appreciate your help and thank you again for letting me in

Mediterranean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links