Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Jan 14, 2005, 1:10 PM   #1

I just bought the above unit online and planned to use it to shoot some youth soccer games video using a compact camcorder. I wanted to try the 3030 first due to its compact size (rather than step up to a dedicated video pan head). I expected velvety smooth rotations in three axes. Two of the axes are very smooth, but the most important one (left to right) is not consistently smooth, even with the screw handle totally loosened. My expectation was that, with the handle loosened, that I could use one finger and rotate it 360 degrees. Too much force is required to easily move with a single finger, and there are areas in the 360 degree rotation where it is harder to turn than others. Do I have a bad head? Do I need to put some lubricant in there, and if so, should I use oil or WD-40? Any counsel from the experts is much appreciated!
hurdcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2005, 8:55 AM   #2

suggest you contact bogen imaging, the real experts, as they are the exclusive distributer and tech for Manfrotto here in the US.

now i suggest calling them and not using email. using email may take considerable time to get your answer if at all.

(201) 818-0060 repair dept. they should be able to give you an idea of whats going on.

sjms is offline   Reply With Quote