Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Jun 10, 2005, 9:54 PM   #1

I've looked on the bottom of my mother's (non-digital) camera, and looked at the bottom of my Kodak, and the hole seems about the same size.

Is there different sizes for tripod connectors, or if I go out and snag a tripod will it work regardless of my camera?

Kujila is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2005, 11:34 PM   #2

The mounting holes for all tripods are the same. That's where the similarity ends. You can buy tripods anywhere from $50 to several hundred dollars. Lightweight, heavyweight, quick-disconnect, ball head, 3-way head, so many choices. You can buy a light weight tripod for not very much money. However as you move up into better and heavier cameras, you will definitely want a heavier tripod.

I suggest you go to the tripod forum near the bottom of the forum menu for some excellent discussions on tripods.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 3:28 AM   #3

As Cal says, the thread is the same for all. The thread is SAE spec 1/4 - 20 , if that means anything to you. I just mention it because I builta walking stick with threaded top for use when I am out hiking.There are any number of tripods available, in prices from under $50 up to more than I can imagine. There are also small, collapsible mini-pods, which stand under a foot tall, and can fit in a pocket.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 6:55 AM   #4

Thanks @ both of you =)
Kujila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:38 AM   #5

If I choose, I will choose carbon fiber tripod. I once worked in a company that is specialized in manufacturing carbon fiber tripod with no brand now. Its quality is not bad, and price is reasonable. It is seemingly weihai jingsheng carbon fiber products Co.,ltd. If interested, check it. Want any help, just contact me and i want to make friends all the world. OH, by the way, my name is liutingting, a chinese girl.
carbon fiber tube is offline   Reply With Quote