Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:07 PM   #1

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a tripod from Blacks (Giottos VT809) and it has a detachble camera mounting plate.

I see the screw that is supposed to screw into the camera but right beside it there is a little metal button thing that is depressable but I can't figure out what it does.

Thing is - I can't really figure out how to attach my camera.. it seems to almost scrape the bottom of it.. There is also a ring on the underside of the mounting plate attached to the screw which I also don't know what it's for. There were no instructions with the tripod.

So - how can I mount my camera without scraping the bottom? =D

Thanks a lot everyone! I can't understand why they don't include instructions for new camera users!
Doug_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2005, 5:17 PM   #2

I just bought the same camera from Black's @ the Eaton Centre. On sale for $39.99. Great tripod!

To answer your question the small depressable button is to assist in the dismount of your camera from the base. If you tighten the camera securely to that base the button shouldn't scratch/scrape the bottom of your camera whatsoever.

Hope that answers your question!

Happy shootin'!
CDNboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:55 PM   #3

I agree - don't worry at all about the little spring loaded pin. It will sink out of the way of anything that pushes against it. If you worry about it, just push at it with your finger to see how easy it sinks away.

Some cameras have a hole in their base that matches that pin. An alignment issue. I don't think it was usedmuch other than on smallfilm movie cameras.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote