Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:22 AM   #11

[align=left]Well you're quite correct I often call the tripods from Manfrotto as Bogen which probably isn't the correct thing to do since Bogen is a distributor of many products.[/align]

[align=left]So from now on I will refer to all Manfrotto\Bogen as Manfrotto actually my tripods does say Manfrotto and I still refer to it as a Bogen :?no more![/align]

[align=left]Bogen to get technical is Bogen Imaging Inc, importer and distribute exclusively in the USA viatheir national dealer network. Products fromthem include Manfrotto and Gitzo tripods, heads and accessories; Avenger grip; Metz electronic flash systems; Elinchrom studio lighting systems; Lastolite lighting control and backgrounds; IFF top suspension system; Gossen light meters; RotaTrim cutters; and a wide host of additional product lines which round out the most complete range of exceptional accessories in the business. [/align]

[align=left]So I correct my response I own 2 tripods a Manfrotto 3021BN & Gitzo G-1415 :bye:[/align]

[align=left]Nowto letThom Hogan who wrote the article to stop calling them Bogen also. :Phttp://www.bythom.com/support.htm[/align]

jtgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:01 PM   #12

heres another little scoop for you all gitzo and manfrotto are sister companies owned by a british holding company called Vitec and operates them seperately
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote