Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Tripods and Heads

Old May 6, 2003, 11:13 AM   #1
Default Bogen 714B Digi Tripod - is this a real Manfrotto?

I understand that Bogen is the distributor for Manfrotto in the US. I'm from Australia so I can only get the Manfrotto range (i.e. not under the Bogen brand) locally. I'm currently using the Manfrotto 345 (Bogen 3007KIT) with my compact digicam and I'm very happy with it.

I'm thinking of purchasing a travel tripod (supports that extend to standing or chest height) and looking through the Bogen website they list the most compact tripod as the Bogen 714B Digi Tripod. Is this a real Manfrotto? If so how come it's not advertised outside of the US?

BTW there's no equivalent model on the Manfrotto website. Please help. Thank you.
my88wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2003, 7:40 AM   #2

it is definately a manfrotto product. i have dealt with bogen over the years directly(since ther fairly nearby in NJ. they are very good with the support for all their products.

as to why it isn't adverted outside the US, remember that all manufactures do not sell all products throughout the world. it may be an item the the US distribution channel acquired first and will be available through other channels later.

remember vegimite isn't really available everywhere either. that is an acquired taste.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote