Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Oct 28, 2007, 3:55 AM   #1

I posted this same question under the Pentax point and shoot forum but nobody has responded so I'll try again here.

I bought a Pentax Optio W10 waterproof camera shortly before going on a cruise so I could take underwater shots while snorkeling. I was very disappointed when I tried to take pictures as I couldn't see anything in the LCD monitor. The camera was on, it was just the same sort of problem you have when trying to shoot on a sunny day. I had the camera set in "underwater mode".

Is there any way of improving visibility through the LCD monitor? Is this a problem with all digital cameras that do not have an optical viewfinder?

Right now I'm sorry I bought the camera. I would have been better off using one of the one-time-use underwater cameras.

Thank you for any feedback you can give me on this.

Joyce Keay
Joyce Keay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:34 AM   #2

I don't have this camera so I'm not exactly clear what the problem is. I took a look at an online version of the manual and you can adjust the brightness of the monitor screen. Section 8 of the manual settings, page 171 in the copy I looked at.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 4:20 AM   #3

Hi Joyce

what i would suggest is , see if you can buy a LCD shade for you housing , this will make the screen lots easier to see. just do a google search and see what you can find .

many underwater housings have them

if you dont have any luck you could easily make one up using some black plastic/rubber and tape .

hope this helps
Matt

ozematt is offline   Reply With Quote