Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Dec 11, 2007, 12:54 PM   #1

I would like to find a small camera to take with me when I fish in my boat in saltwater. I do not really need to shoot underwater. This may be the wrong forum but I thought that given your experience around the salt you might have thoughts about the best way to proceed. I have a slr that I keep in a Pelican case and use but there are circumstances where there is no room for this camera and I would like an alternative to take with me.
trout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:46 PM   #2

[align=left]There is a point and shoot camera made by Pentax call the Optio WP. It is waterproof to 3 feet. You can't take it deep sea diving, but you can play around with it in the pool. I've taken several pictures under water in the pool with it. I'm assuming it can also take salt water as it is a waterproof camera.

Hope this helps.

mmf-d80
[/align]
mmf-d80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:56 PM   #3

I understand that that lag time in taking pictures is a problem with that camera.
trout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:42 AM   #4

While I'm not a fan of these flexible housings for diving I think they'd fit the bill for your purposes http://www.ewa-marine.de/index.php?id=50they have the advantage of being cheep and fit a wide range of cameras so you're not limited on that score.

Ken
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 1:13 PM   #5

I Knew there was another manufacturer but couldn't remember the name yesterday http://www.aquapac.net/
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 4:27 AM   #6

most p/s cameras have fairly cheap U/W housings for them .what i would do is look for a camera that you like then find a housing for it .

there are P/S housings for
-sony
-ricoh
-fuji
-nikon
-panasonic
-canon

just to name a few .

Regrads
Matt
ozematt is offline   Reply With Quote