Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Nov 6, 2003, 4:12 PM   #1

Default oly C3000 in pt010 freaking out

I have an Olympus C3000 in a pt010 case that I've used on 2 dive trips. The first to Roatan the camera behaved very well, although I didn't know much of what I was doing. The second trip to Cayman, the camera would sometimes freak out. Sometimes, when trying to get the menu up, I would get red vertical bars on the display. Also, the camera seemed to get confused a lot on exposures and just didn't take the picture. This was especially true at shallower depths. It seemed to work fine once at 60 ft or so. But doing shore dives in shallower depths, it often would not take the picture. It definitely had a split personality during the trip, sometimes working fine, other times just refusing to cooperate. There were times I physically had to remove the batteries to get it to respond.
It worked fine on land and has ever since returning from Cayman. In fact it made a trip down the Colorado through the Grand Canyon and was fine. I usually have it in P mode with macro and force flash underwater. What was really disconcerting was the red vertical bars and the inability to sometimes turn it off. It's never been flooded and I usually only open the case back at the hotel to avoid any chance of getting water in it.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? My camera is now 2 years old, but I've never before seen strange behavior like that.

Thanks,
Chris
cleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links