Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:35 PM   #1

Default UW housing for Canon SD940is

Looking for recommendations on choosing between Canon and Ikelite UW housing for Canon SD940is. Thanks
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:43 AM   #2

I'm a fan of Ikelite housings for DSLR cameras. However in this case I'd consider the Canon housing. It's smaller and a tighter fit around the camera and I think it's slightly cheaper. What I'd want to look at is the accessories you can attach such as external strobes and close up or wide angle lenses. If you don't plan to add any extras then there's not a great deal to choose between them either will do the job.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:36 AM   #3

Thanks Nagasaki. I can't seem to find much information on accessories available for the Canon housing, such as a tray and external strobe attachment. Ikelite housing has a large selection of these additional items, so I will probably go with Ikelite. I'm trying to switch from my Nikonos I've used for the past 20 years :-)
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:59 AM   #4

Loved my Nik V but an SLR was easier to use in most situations, too bulky for some though. Digital is a real liberator I took over 50 shots on a dive last week. No more saving a couple of shots just in case or wasting half a roll because I didn't think I had enough shots left for the next dive.

If you live in the Uk you could give these guys a call http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/. They are quite happy to give advice and quite knowledgable.

Ken
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote