Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Dec 11, 2003, 9:47 PM   #1

Default Simple Answer Requested.

Are EWA-Marine underwater housings/'bags' suitable for snorkle level diving?

Specifically, the D-AM product..
PlatinumWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2003, 11:17 PM   #2

yes. actually most are good at minimum to 30ft. i hope you visited the EWA Marine site.

http://www.ewamarine.com/English/e-start.htm

that will tell you everything you want to know.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2003, 3:38 AM   #3

Thanks, I had visited it then I went to wetpixel and found a lot of posts from people who seemed to have a very poor view of EWA products..

There's a local supplier not too far from here.. I should grab one in the new year..
PlatinumWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2003, 6:38 AM   #4

well depending on the camera and your pocketbook its all relative. they can be awkward and requir some prep to use. but they do work. and the price is right vs hard cases. just remember due diligence when sealing it and testing before a trip into the wet world.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2004, 3:08 PM   #5

as a retierd diver and having done a conciderable amount of underwater photography i personaly would stay away from the flexable polythene underwater housings they are great for onboard boats etc evin though they are garenteed to 10 meters i know of several incodents of leaking and they are bad for condensation also their life span is fairly short. try and get a second hand nikonus or if you are extreamly lucky a rolie marine underwater case for rolicord they are big bulky clumbersom but great for photo work digi cameras have come on a lot over the past few years and are very good but i would hold on a bit before buying one for underwater work the prices are coming down all the time etc
coly is offline   Reply With Quote