Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Jan 5, 2004, 7:39 AM   #1

Default Snorkeling, Can I get good pictures with C750?

I am going on a cruize. I have two digital cameras.
The Olympus C750 and the Canon Digital Rebel.
I was thinking of taking the c750 along mostly becuase it is smaller.
I was thinking of getting the underwater kit for snorkeling and for protection during the cruise. Good idea?
Can I get good pictures with the c750? Do I need a macro lense? Do I need or can I use a flash?

I also saw those things like a big ziplog bag for the Digital Rebel.
With a flash that seems like it might work nicely. What do you think?

The other thing of course is storing pictures. I can get away with a few memory cards with the c750 I would need to bring my laptop with the Rebel.

Thanks for your info
Blaine
iblaineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2004, 12:43 PM   #2

Default Re: Snorkeling, Can I get good pictures with C750?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iblaineman
I am going on a cruize. I have two digital cameras.
The Olympus C750 and the Canon Digital Rebel.
I was thinking of taking the c750 along mostly becuase it is smaller.
I was thinking of getting the underwater kit for snorkeling and for protection during the cruise. Good idea?
Can I get good pictures with the c750? Do I need a macro lense? Do I need or can I use a flash?

I also saw those things like a big ziplog bag for the Digital Rebel.
With a flash that seems like it might work nicely. What do you think?

The other thing of course is storing pictures. I can get away with a few memory cards with the c750 I would need to bring my laptop with the Rebel.

Thanks for your info
Blaine
Did you get the underwater kit for the c-750? If so, how did it work well? Any good snorkeling pics?
caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2004, 10:47 PM   #3

I've just purchased the EWA-Marine flexible housing from B&H for my Canon Powershot G5. Going on a 12 day cruise from April 12-24. We have around 7-8 snorkeling trips scheduled. I'll post a folder with pics when I return.

BTW, I'm leaving my Digital Rebel at home. The G5 is a great travel sized camera. Taking one 1 gig card, one 512MB card, and my girlfriend's 256MB card as a back-up. The 1.5 GB's worth in my G5 is good for almost 600 pics. I'm sure I'll be deleting the duds as I go, so that should be MORE than enough. If I come back with 600 keepers, that'll be a scoop!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 8:35 PM   #4

Just returned from my cruise with some decent shots with my G5/EWA Marine housing combo. Here are a few examples:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder....lder_id=393077

If you already own a Nikonos or fancy underwater housing and $700 (or more expense) lighting setup these will look very pedestrian, but this worked out much better than attempts I have made in the past with one-time use 35mm UW cameras. With my 1 gig flash card loaded and 400 available expsoures at a time, my advise would be to shoot like heck and be ready to delete alot afterwards, as it is impossible to use the LCD underwater for composition, but you can capture some decent shots with a little practice.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote