Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Mar 15, 2004, 10:12 PM   #1

Default Where can I get custom waterproof casing made???

Hi have the Panasonic DMC-LC43 and have been told there isn't a case made specifically for it but customised casing can be made for any camera but certain companies. can anyone advise me where to look for such a service?
thankyou
rob_84_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2004, 5:02 PM   #2

well for the price of a custom made case you could purchase another 5mp camera and its matching camera specific case. sorry thats just the way it works. a oly 5060 with the 28mm equivelent oly UW case will be well under $800US. this housing gives you access to all controls on the camera.

a custom made housing reqs a bit of engineering and sealing and still needs to give you control over the camera in a very camera hostile environment. quality=$$$. price will be quite high. probably over that of the above mention combo.

i have a 5050 w/housing and it essentially replaced my nikonos for my uses though the 5060 i feel would have been better with the 28 equivelent had it been available when i wanted it.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote