Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Jun 13, 2002, 4:03 PM   #11
NHL

sharpdiver

Whoa can I do that? There's only so much max. speed/aperture that I can play with @ the surface !

I guess it's time to strap on those weight belt and tanks huh...

[Edited on 6-13-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2002, 4:27 PM   #12

Default NHL: Time to get certified

Though our member Laz might disagree (he has done some outstanding photography while free-diving), I would say that shooting while snorkeling is a very difficult proposition. If you try to take a shot from the surface, you're going to get an extremely flat image, without color (even the biggest external strobes have a range of about 6 feet). If you free-dive, you'll only have a few seconds to compose and shoot before you are forced to surface.
sharpdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2002, 4:45 PM   #13

Sorry if I was a bit opinionated but I'm glad you provided such a good example of how much the off camera flash can improve a photo. I was just trying to present one way that would hopefully give the most bang for the Buck.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2002, 7:49 PM   #14

Luminary,

Thanks for the plug.

Annie FYI, I now have the PT-010 in stock. Please let me know if you're interested because the supply is limited. One more thing, either way you go I think you'll be thrilled to see what a digicam can do underwater.

Allan
underwaterdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2002, 8:48 PM   #15

Default thank you

Thanks so much! You guys have saved me multiple headaches. I'll have a look at the prices. About the flash issue, I can see why having one would help me take awesome pics - it's a question of budget whether I buy one now or later. I'm currently backpacking in Western Australia and have stopped at Ningaloo! thanks again I'll let you know what I get.
annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2002, 3:36 AM   #16

Default int'l shipping

Hi
I'm leaning towards the Canon A40 but am having trouble finding a reseller that offers international shipping! Anyone know a reputable one?
Annie
annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2002, 6:38 AM   #17
NHL

annie

There's really no wrong choice, what you'll lose in the battery department can be make up by the denser CF flash card in the Canon. I thought BH Photo is reputable and ship internationally
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote