Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Dec 21, 2004, 7:29 AM   #1

Hi,

Does anybody here know of any case existing or coming out for nikon 8800 ? and approximate cost...
ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2004, 6:16 AM   #2

Ikelite recon to have a housing available in January

http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/camnikchart.html

You can probably get an idea of cost by looking at the price of housings for similar cameras.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 1:28 PM   #3

I'm giong to get some comments (Again), but I suggest (If cost is an issue, as it is with me), that you look at EWA Marine's D-A unerwater camera bag. I have one for my (Now dead) Nikon Coolpix 885, and it worked perfectly for several years. In recommending the EWA Marine products, let me say that I'm NOT a diver, we mainly use ours at the YMCA (9 ft. Max depth), and when snorkelling on vacation (15 ft. max depth). So, your needs may be different. If you need to go below 30 M., then the EWA Marine products won't be something to consider. But, the price for the Nikon 8800 EWA marine D-A camera bag is about $225 (US), while the price for other underwater housings will probably be close to, of not, more than $1,000 US dollars. I'd certainly liek to see FantaSea come out with a Nikon 8800 housing, seems like they're less expensive than IkeLight, but probably don't ahve the depth range of the more expensive. So, in saying all that, I hope this provides you with another alternative. Examine your needs, and pick your weapon!
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 7:33 AM   #4

Check www.digideep.com.
AJ-vi is offline   Reply With Quote