Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Jan 6, 2003, 11:59 AM   #1

Default Canon v. Nikon?

I would be obliged for some advice, please.

My underwater photography is currently with a couple of Nik V's and SB 105 and an Ai.

I would like to move to digital and currently use a Powershot G2 on land, which I am delighted with.

Should I simply buy the Ikelite housing and digi strobe or should I change my system?

I raise the question as there seems to be no comment or examples relating to G2 use on this board, is it not good underwater? Alternately will my 105 strobe link ok with a Coolpix 500 and housing, so that I don't loose too much on the sale of my exisiting kit?

Realistically, I suppose that I will have a budget of up to about GBP 1500 with may cash and the sale of some of the Nik V bodies and lenses.

Appologies, if I've asked something blindingly obvious, but I would appreciate some opinions in helping me to make a decision.

Many thanks

Simon
sledgewrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2004, 2:45 PM   #2

actually olympus has made an agressive foray into the UW game. the cameras like the 5050 and 5060 with the matching housings are great for general snorkeling and shallow diving. the new 8080 has a full UW package setup with a seperate housing even for its matching external strobe.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote