Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Underwater Digital Photography

Old Aug 6, 2006, 8:41 AM   #1

Hi anyone that's interested: On August 3 on the Digideep site, Tom Busch posted this:

''Olympus now offers a new polycarbonate strobe housing PFL-E01 for the :? system flash. The strobe and housing will be available for the PT-020, PT-022, PT-023 and PT-E01 and fully support TTL. It will be shipped completely with sync cord. The housing without flash is sold for about 620 USD in Japan (set flash + housing is around 680 USD). ''

How do u reckon the above set-up would compare with Sea & Sea's imminent release of the revamped YS 110 strobehooked up on an arm to the Olympus C-8080 WZ in a PT-023 housing with appropriate adapter from Heinrich-Wellkamp?

Still deliberating and being fairly inexperienced in u/w photography, I'm open to all advice/suggestions. I'vealready boughtthe C-8080, and the PT-023 housing, so that's not negotiable.

tubivore
tubivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2006, 5:17 PM   #2

The YS110 will probably be a more powerful flash than a housed land flash and the 110 degree coverageis proably wider as well.

As long as you can get the TTL adapter my guessis the YS110 would be the better option for underwater use. The system flash is more flexible as you can use it on the surface as well.

Ken
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 3:39 AM   #3

thanx for yr input Nagasaki. I've just finished pricing both systems and the YS-110 turns out to be about HK$2,500 cheaper (I live in Hong Kong) than the dedicated Olympus set-up. So there u go.

cheers

tubivore
tubivore is offline   Reply With Quote