Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Underwater Digital Photos

Old Jul 31, 2002, 8:38 PM   #1

Default Sea Fever

Well, I'm back... After my first liveaboard trip aboard the Sea Fever around the Grand Bahamas island I can surely agree -- IT IS BETTER IN THE BAHAMAS. I spent a fantastic week diving, snorkeling, eating, occasionally sleeping, partying and laughing with a fantastic group of mammals!

The crew of the Sea Fever ship were great and already I can't wait to do it all over again.

Most of all, I'd have to say that I learned a lot about u/w photography, u/w cinematography (not as easy as it looks) and, most of all, this trip definitely reopened feelings I hadn't felt since I began freediving.

Now, although I did shoot some photos, I'm affraid to say that after my first experience swimming with the wild bottlenose and spotted dolphins I decided to not bring a camera along with me.

While some of you are shreaking right now, I'm sure you all know too well that having a camera in front of your face really takes away from the moment. And needless to say, the experience with these magical creatures deserves no less than your full undivided attention. The way they look at you eye to eye as they swim inches away from you, the feel and sound of the water rushing by as they playfully circle you, the clicks and whistles they make while you tumble and turn like a fool. I don't think there's a photograph or video shot that can capture that.

The good news.. I dove plenty of times too and did bring my camera with me on some of those dives.. Enough talk...

Here are the pictures:

Now.. this wouldn't be complete without some pictures of my main-mammals!

For all you who haven't had the chance to do it. The chance to swim with these wild creatures is something you're sure to remember forever. Don't miss the chance to do it.

Lazaro Ruda
Laz217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2002, 11:14 PM   #2

Default Nice stuff, Laz.

Is this with your new G-2?

Outstanding trumpetfish shot.
sharpdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2002, 12:15 AM   #3

Hiya Jeff!

These shots were all taken with my ol' trusty Olympus 3040. I don't have the G-2 yet. The purchase of the video camera put the G-2 on hold for a bit.

Thanks for the compliments on the trumpetfish. It is one of my favorite trumpetfish (aka Fu Manchu) shots.
Laz217 is offline   Reply With Quote