Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Underwater Digital Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 8, 2005, 7:06 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
Default

I ran into a great website. they are doing underwater modeling. I am amazed with the great pictures they made. The lighting and the color are perfect. what gadget are they using on this. http://www.underwatercalendar.com/
jasonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2005, 4:18 AM   #2
Moderator
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 897
Default

If you look at the videos on the site they show you how it's done.

Amazingly this type of work is usually done in the sea. The models wear weighted shoes or are fasted to the bottom. They are supplied with air from long hoses by support divers.

As for the cameras they are standard SLRs in underwater housings with underwater strobes. My guess is Nikon or Canon DSLRs.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:16 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
Default

I just wonder how much money will be spent there. I want to try first a low budget kind of photography. but hopefully i will master that kind of pictures and soon upgrade. hehehehe:G
jasonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:02 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1
Default

After seeing your message I did a search on the photographer's name for any other work that he may have done, and found this site below. It is packed with photos of underwater models and links to the photographer's web sites. Its an amazing site!

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/underwatermodelling


johnathon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 2:05 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 19
Default





hahahahahaha:lol:
jak3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:41 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Caboose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 625
Default

The underwater housing for the DSLR's cost about as much or more than the cameras do, but you can get an underwater housing for a small point and shoot for around $200. Just be sure you are buying an underwater housing and not an all weather case. The all weather case for say a Canon SD400 is good for about 10', but the underwater housing will get you down to 100' deep. Some digicams have an underwater setting like the SD400, and the flash will still work with the housing. Pretty cheap to get you started.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 9:48 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
miketuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 134
Default

Very interesting, would like to see the famous Marilyn Monroe pose done under water, that's if it's not been done already.

http://www.electric-art-gallery.com/...nDress_lg1.jpg




miketuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 9:57 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1
Default

Caboose wrote:
Quote:
The underwater housing for the DSLR's cost about as much or more than the cameras do, but you can get an underwater housing for a small point and shoot for around $200. Just be sure you are buying an underwater housing and not an all weather case. The all weather case for say a Canon SD400 is good for about 10', but the underwater housing will get you down to 100' deep. Some digicams have an underwater setting like the SD400, and the flash will still work with the housing. Pretty cheap to get you started.

I just got an SD450 to use as my point and shoot, and i have seen these all weather cases made by Canon that are guaranteed to like 10ft, but i haven't seen the Underwater housings you referenced. Do you know where i can find those?
kyle_5_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 10:24 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,396
Default

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/img]The underwater work is excellent!

"Low budget" are two words I would not like to hear when referring to anything involving scuba.:-)
It is very easy to get hurt without proper training & good equipment http://www.utahdiving.com/medicine.htm

Do you have your PADI or similar dive ticket? Need it if you want to get tanks filled.

jasonv wrote:
Quote:
I just wonder how much money will be spent there. I want to try first a low budget kind of photography. but hopefully i will master that kind of pictures and soon upgrade. hehehehe:G
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 10:27 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,396
Default

http://www.ikelite.com/
http://www.seaandsea.com/

kyle_5_16 wrote
Quote:
I just got an SD450 to use as my point and shoot, and i have seen these all weather cases made by Canon that are guaranteed to like 10ft, but i haven't seen the Underwater housings you referenced. Do you know where i can find those?
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:13 AM.