Old Jun 6, 2003, 3:13 PM   #1

Default critique web design

Please, comment my web design.

http://personal.telefonica.*********/web/argazkiak2003

thanks.
tobaritx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2003, 1:06 AM   #2

I think everything is a bit too orange - I know the about the colorschange. On my screen (1280x1024) the thumbsnails are very small and maybe...there's too many of them. Seems a bit confusing!

Your photos are very good though!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2003, 3:23 PM   #3

I like the concept - it's original and slick. It's not easy to find a new way of presenting photos. On my cable connection it is very fast.

One thing I don't like: I'm using a 1400x1050 screen and my browser is not maximised. When I click a link on the home page, it opens in a maximised secondary window. Switch back to the home page, click another link - another maximised window. I suggest 1) don't use maximised windows, 2) reuse the same window if it is still open. Better still, open the link in the SAME window as the home page and provide return navigation. Secondary windows that are bigger than the primary are confusing.

fenlander
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2003, 3:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenlander
... When I click a link on the home page, it opens in a maximised secondary window. Switch back to the home page, click another link - another maximised window. I suggest 1) don't use maximised windows, 2) reuse the same window if it is still open. Better still, open the link in the SAME window as the home page and provide return navigation. Secondary windows that are bigger than the primary are confusing.
Folks with dual monitors really despise web sites that opening windows full screen, i.e., over both monitors.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2003, 6:05 PM   #5

I like the photos, the colour scheme that you have going on at the index page is interesting...

I think however you have missed some valuable interface issues that most artists / photographers miss...

You, as the designer understand the interface, how to navigate and how to move around... but .... assume that you are a novice to your site, could they navigate clearly and concise?

Where a code jockie presents dry and bland navigation techniques, an artist goes too far the other way to this airy fairy style of layout.

Think lean and mean, clear and concise... what browser size will people use to view it? what is thier modem speed? what language do they use?

Great work, and you have balls the size of coconuts to put it out for the World to look at and comment on....

Great Work, Keep it up!
huebdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2003, 1:31 AM   #6

Better late than never, I suppose. I really like the website, except I have 2 problems with it, which might just be pet-peeves:

1) Everytime I click on the link for the next photo, it makes that sound. I'm sure some people like it, but I usually abandon sites that sounds I can't shut-off. Maybe there's a workaround, but a conspicuous button to shut off the sound would be a very good idea, in my opinion.

2) The relation between the images on the front page to the photo gallery isn't clear. I also didn't quite understand what the flash-memory looking things represented-- are those more photos?

A really clever site, and works fine in Mac OS X Safari. It looks great!
jakerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2003, 9:16 AM   #7

Thanks all for comments!
I continue working on my web page with yours suggestions...
tobaritx is offline   Reply With Quote