Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Viewers or Web Page Creators

Old Oct 20, 2006, 11:03 PM   #1

I just bought a Canon SD600 digicam and I really like it so far. I was pretty excited when I saw the auto-rotate feature and amazingly it works quite well. The camera can actually tell when the camera is turned to take a portrait shot and when displayed on the LCD on the Camera it puts the image in its proper orientation...just awesome!

However, to my knowledge there is not a function to tell the camera to actually rotate the JPEG. When I download the SD card to my computer the images are still landscape and this is irritating. Does anyone know if this camera has some other functionality that can accomplish what I want here? What about software that brings the images onto the computer? Is there any that will actually orient properly without me having to manually go through and rotate each one? Any guidance is appreciated.
ishtarbgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2006, 7:31 AM   #2

Answering my own question here so that others may benefit. Irfanview is just one viewer that will look at the EXIF data for each picture and auto-rotate using JPEG lossless conversion. It will do this automatically but you have to check it ON in OPTIONS --> PROPERTIES --> JPG TAB. Very cool!

:|
ishtarbgl is offline   Reply With Quote