Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Viewers or Web Page Creators

Old Feb 15, 2007, 1:23 PM   #1

Hi, Can anyone tell me is Dreamweaver PSD Based..??? I wanna download some templates and they will only work with the PSD based programs!!!

Thanks Guys!!
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:44 PM   #2

Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG html editor that was originally created by Macromedia which was acquired by Adobe with their purchase of Macromedia. PSD files are created by Photoshop. I suspect the templates you downloaded were to permit the use of PSD files directly in Dreamweaver created web pages.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:53 PM   #3

I have downloaded a flash template with gallery and trying to use Dreamweaver and it says i need Fireworks which i have just downloaded and am completely stuck...My Server(Domain) is conected to Dreamweaver i did that this afternoon through a tutorial that someone told me about on here....But now i'm stuck again...Lol

Any suggestions..??

Thanks for taking the time to explain Dreamweaver!!
Old Feb 15, 2007, 6:31 PM   #4

Sorry, I'm not a web master nor a Photoshop user. I would go those types of forums for answersto your"how to"questions. A Google search should find a number of those.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:17 AM   #5

ok mate ill try help

the file is psd so that u can edit it to your needs......ie links may be not as u would like them, u may want to call them something else for example......of change colours etc.

switch to imageready and see if its allready sliced for you...it shold be.........u then save it optimsed as iamges and slices..........that will give you a folder with images in and the all important .html file..........hope your still with me !! LOL

u then open this html file in DREAMWEAVER, itll load all the images for you in correct places..........phew nearly done explaining

if it did slice it up u should be able to select a slice and add a link etc and hey presto you have a working webpage

well thats brief but hope it sheds some light............as to flash.......thats something im no up on :-(

cs2 will generate web gallerys with various styles inc flash.........look under file/automate !!

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:10 PM   #6

If by meaning sliced being the template downloaded into 1 main folder with multi folders inside then thats happened...Do i do anything atall in Imageready..??

Do i just start with dreamweaver and apply each section together there..??

If so do i start with HTML..?? Then what section would be next..??

This is so confusing..!!

Thanks Gary....
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:29 PM   #7

if there is a html file with images open it in dreamweaver......or pm me where u got the template and ill get it and have a look...........some are lots harder than others to use.................u coulda jumped in at the deepend and got one of those.........the one for my site is a pain and i made it !!

Gary
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:37 PM   #8

ps by slicing that means its one jpeg that is "cut" or "sliced" to break the image down so that u can have sections that can be made into a link, look at my site...... its just one jpeg ............the bar with home, panoramics et is cut into sections so the words like "home" can be made into a link, same for the subsections on the panoramic index, except the have also been made into rollovers as well.